Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Blue Light Special...

Blue Light Special...

Found these at Target-I think $9. A little bit of wrangling with wires and making them not visible from any angle. Oh, and then fixing them 'just so' under the 'map pockets' so that the lights cast a good strong light without the chance of a foot kicking them. And then having my fingers stuck with SuperGlue to that same light.

Worth the effort and I have a friend that-though embarrassed of being in a big ol' Caddy-likes to cruise the interstate while in the back seat watching DVDs in Dolby surround.

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Re: Blue Light Special...

Did you install them with a toggle switch or anything?

Re: Blue Light Special...

Hi TRU-

No-nothing like that. It is run through a plug (which has an on/off switch) that goes into the cigarette lighter-it all gets closed up-but that is where you can see about 2 inches of wire which annoys me to no end. I will figure it out when I get the player hard-wired. Fortunately these Caddys are not lacking for room to mount equipment or run wires. Still, the effect is kinda cool (no added on lighting in the front-just for the passengers in back). and not what you expect in such a conservative car.

Might note that I am currently sporting a superb vintage NIXON/AGNEW bumper sticker (Ebay) that I will keep on until the election is over. Nothing but respect when you drive this silver behemouth in the rushhour world of SUVs and Camrys.