13mpg all the time?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 13mpg all the time? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 4.9L Deville (93, 88k miles). New plugs, filter, oil changed, new front wheel bearings (not dragging), brakes ok, suspension good, ...
    jfolker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

13mpg all the time?

4.9L Deville (93, 88k miles). New plugs, filter, oil changed, new front wheel bearings (not dragging), brakes ok, suspension good, abs light on (working on it).

Is 13 mpg average good? I get about 200-250 miles from a tank and i drive like a grandpa...

I just replaced the map sensor, and the only code i have in memory is low refriderant.

thanks
    jf

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Re: 13mpg all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by jfolker
    4.9L Deville (93, 88k miles). New plugs, filter, oil changed, new front wheel bearings (not dragging), brakes ok, suspension good, abs light on (working on it).

Is 13 mpg average good? I get about 200-250 miles from a tank and i drive like a grandpa...

I just replaced the map sensor, and the only code i have in memory is low refriderant.

thanks
    jf
    try replacing o2 sesnors.

Paul Nagy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does every shop carry those o2 sensors?

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

o2 sensors are a very common part. Any shop should carry them. FYI, my 92 deville avg's 13.5-14.1 city if I'm being nice. 12.5-13.5 if I'm rompin on it. Good luck!

Peace,
    D.

Man Hippie, you need o2's also it sounds like.

Car just posted code E13 ( P013 ). (Trying to make that search friendly). I've read on here before that the 92-93 DeVille's have only 1 o2 Sensor?

The right bank o2 sensor (what the e13 code means) is bad, and I figured that earlier. Is it the one on the front of the motor (these are FWD and transversly mounted) or the back?

I think it's the front, but wanted a second opinion.

THanks,
    jf

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

i think its the back one , dont worry its easy to get at from under it

i think of it this way , i stand at the drivers side imagining the fender is the firewall and look at the distributor whats on my right is the right bank and whats on the left would be left bank

i replaced boath of mine , and the fuel filter plugs and hte like , on a road trip i got 24.5 , but i ususly avg around 18-19 , i swotched to 89 octinae this week and i think im getting 11 (only went 150 miles on a fuel fuel load where i usuly go 240 miles)

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

When she was running i averaged 20 mpg, unless i felt like hauling ass.

Changed the right bank o2 sensor and still getting E13 (P013) code. Do I need to clear the codes? (I thought that GM's save codes for 50 starts)...

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by jfolker
    Changed the right bank o2 sensor and still getting E13 (P013) code. Do I need to clear the codes? (I thought that GM's save codes for 50 starts)...
    clear the code and it shouldn't come back if it does then something else isn't right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.