94 sedan deville help please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 94 sedan deville help please in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My sedan overheated on me once about 2 weeks ago there was anti freeze sitting on my engine block.So I ...
    94CADDYDADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

94 sedan deville help please

My sedan overheated on me once about 2 weeks ago there was anti freeze sitting on my engine block.So I looked and found I had a hose coming from the engine to the heater control valve that had deteriorated and had a whole in it.So I replaced the hose and changed my coolant.Drove for about 30 minutes and had no problems.I drove up a hill and then the reservoir tank started bubbling and overflowed.Doesnt appear to be the thermostat I would like to know how do I check for a defective water pump?Because I still smell a sweaty odor when driving but hasnt overheated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac-Junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 94 sedan deville help please

have u tried to pressure test it yet??

94CADDYDADDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

dont know how to pressure test.please advise?

Cadillac-Junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

u need a pressure tester. It screws onto ur radiator cap and u pump it up like a air pump and it puts stress on ur system. any local garage can do it for ya for nuttin or cheap money. good luck ,Sal

Imprl59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I hate to even think it but it sounds like you may have blown a head gasket. As another poster has already said you can get a leak down test done. I would also reccomend you take it to a radiator shop and have them test to see if you are getting exhaust gasses in the radiator. Unfortunatley most all modern engines have zero tolerance for overheating. That temp light might as well say "Too Late Baby".

I hope it turns out to be something simple like a bad radiator cap. Please let us know what you find out.

Steve B.

HippieD9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

94, is that the 4.9 or the N*? I'd try a new thermostat and radiator cap. If it's the 4.9, try running a 180 instead of the stock 195. Not to scare you, but I had a similar problem with a 4.1 The coolent passages got blocked and then there's nothing you can do. The motor was trashed for a rebuilt 4.9.

Peace,
    D.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Imprl59
    I hate to even think it but it sounds like you may have blown a head gasket. As another poster has already said you can get a leak down test done. I would also reccomend you take it to a radiator shop and have them test to see if you are getting exhaust gasses in the radiator. Unfortunatley most all modern engines have zero tolerance for overheating. That temp light might as well say "Too Late Baby".

I hope it turns out to be something simple like a bad radiator cap. Please let us know what you find out.

Steve B.
    I blew my secondary belt last november and I drove 30 miles to my service station in which the 4.9 overheated, but caused no damage. Damn loose pulley.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

"I blew my secondary belt last november "

you have 2 belts ?

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The fan belt is linked to all the "secondary" things, ie power steering pump, ventillation, ac compressor, ride control compressor, all those goodies. It was hell driving home those 30 miles without ride control or power steering
    I had to put most of my weight 220 lbs to turn the wheel, it sucked big time.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

what a weird car , my 94 only has one belt that runs everything , i dont have a ride controll pump .....just powersteering , alternator, waterpump ,ac compressor and a couple idlers (7 pulleys alltogether )

yours is a sedan deville right ? i dont see a northstar there so it must be ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.