99 Concours Fog Light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 99 Concours Fog Light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; OK-So I have perused my manual-which covers how to replace the bulbs in all lights EXCEPT for the fog lights. ...
    jersey dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

99 Concours Fog Light

OK-So I have perused my manual-which covers how to replace the bulbs in all lights EXCEPT for the fog lights. I have poked around and poked around and I still can't figure out how to access these. It is pretty well tucked into the (much larger than I realized) bumper and feeling around blindly I (think) I can feel where the wires enter the housing. But try as I might I can't find a way to get the bulb out. Lying on my back, in the parking lot-pretty much under the tire with my arm buried into the bumper is somewhat disconcerting to passers-by as more than once I have been asked 'are you alright?'. Please help me avoid a dealer visit! (I also have to get the bulb out before I even know with what to replace it-don't see it listed anywhere...) Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillac6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 99 Concours Fog Light

haha yeah man the same problem has occured to me about twice. I just park my car in my driveway get on my back and put my whole body about to chests width under the car. And you will see where they are located. Just twist and pull but be gentle! I wish there were pictures to show you how but its trial and error. Mine go out every so often so it would be wise to figure out how to do this! And I WOULD NOT take it to a dealer for this because they will milk you like a cow for $$ Just take it to an oil change spot like jiffy lube and tell one of the guys the light is out and if he can show you how to change it. This is how I figured out how to change mine. I drive a 97 concours so the models are pretty much the same. Lemme know how it goes!

jersey dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got it!

Thanks!

Thursday night i got the bulb out-after work in the parking lot. Later that night, as I listened to the rain-I realized my swank new sanyo picture phone was missing. As I was contorting myself under the bumper-the phone had fallen out. Pulled into the spot the next day-there was the phone-wet-but still in perfect working order.

Friday night bought the replacement bulb and tried to replace it in the Salvo Autoparts (Baltimore, MD) parking lot. This was around 8:45pm-dark out, laying on the parking lot that somehow smelled like stale puke. Promptly busted it. Too embarrassed to go back in and buy another. Did my usual fridy night drive up to 'Jersey WITHOUT fog lights.

Bought another bulb at the Autozone up in Jersey first thing Saturday morning. Crawled under the bumper (heavy drizzle at this point-brought 2 towels along to lie on)-reached around and as you know-pure trial and error-got it put in. Hit the lights and PERFECTION!

Hope this doesn't reoccur as often as you suggest...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.