what do you think of the California Car Duster ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, what do you think of the California Car Duster ? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; gee, didn't know there were that old... lol...
    Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Re: what do you think of the California Car Duster ?

gee, didn't know there were that old...

lol

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

The Duster is awesome. I was constantly washing my black car when it was merely dusty. Works especially well on pollen (which we have a lot of this time of year). Every once in a while it will leave a smear of something on the paint - I think it's either the caranuba wax that the duster is coated in or from dragging it through something gooey. I might need a new one....

I use the blade too - it's great. We have very hard water here that dries into spots almost instantly. The blade prevents that by whisking it away easily.

Jim

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Just a quick note on the water blade. I have been using the same one for seven years and love the way it makes a car wash in the driveway go faster.

1. When you begin to use it, wash it off in the soap bucket to clean and lube it and wipe it dry with your fingers. That way you are sure there is no grit on the blade. I have never had grit on the blade yet.

2. Start by doing a fast squeegee on the roof, then side glass and windshield, and then work doward on the sheet metal. What you do is remove most of the heavy water accumulation and are now left with "damp."

3. Get the soak-up towel and finish the drying. This soak-up towel is a synthetic chamois that I keep in a plastic case in a damp condition. It won't rot if there is no air. And I only have to squeeze it out once.\

4. Top off the wash with a microfiber towel and clean up and final water, do the jambs, door and hood and trunk edges, hit the dash area ( it should be a little damp by now), and touch up wherever you see a need.

With my big STS it takes 10 minutes after I finish washing.

Don't forget to pop the hood and with a washcloth from the soap bucket, wrung out well, wipe off the engine compartment areas. Do this every wash and you will sparkle where the sun don't shine.

So much easier than washing an M1A1 Abrams tank...

Darryls89Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Cadillac Deville

I have one, and like everyone said it's a great product. Keep it in the holder it came with when not in use. Never lay on the ground. The dirtier it is the better it works according to the maker. I normally take it out the holder, shake it a few times, then dust the car. For taking dust off only.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Resurrection thread.

painkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Mines always done the job (Y)

Brougham91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham, 2007 DTS

I love mine and find it works well with varying amounts of dust. The only caution I would have is that it will pick up wax residue over time and therefore I don't like using it on my windows, vinyl top and headlights because it leaves a slight wax film on the glass. But it works great on the rest of the car.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

If you use the duster for what it was made for they work great, but many owners use them to wipe their cars down after driving them, and that wipes all the abrasive brake dust and road debris all over the car. More often than not you can see under the right lights owners who use their dusters in this way. If you use your duster to wipe off dust from sitting in the garage on a car that has not been driven, they work great, but be careful if you use them on your car after you have driven the car.

1badgmc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L luxury sport

I've got 3 dusters and a dash duster. My oldest duster is probably 10 or 11 years old and it still works just fine. I also have a Water Blade that is also about 10 years old. I bought all these for use on my show truck, that used to be my daily driver. The truck has long since retired from daily duties, but it needs a good dusting now and then from all the garage dust. My Cali dusters are always up to the task. Now I have 2 Cadillacs that the dusters and water blade get use on as well and they have never once disappointed.

[NortHStaR] is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille

The dusters work very well to keep dust off of waxed cars, very durable, machine washable, all around great for all kinds of applications, I even have a small one I use in the motor compartment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.