Peeling trim on buttons?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Peeling trim on buttons? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; It seems the previous owner maybe had long nails or something of the sort because there are about 4 buttons ...
    Pete03Z06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Peeling trim on buttons?

It seems the previous owner maybe had long nails or something of the sort because there are about 4 buttons (the rest of them are all fine) that have some part of them worn through to where you can see the actual clear button itself (the black outer trim has worn through on one of the climate control buttons, two of the steering wheel control buttons and the memory seating 2 button) I'm wondering if I have to replace the entire trim piece as I figure I will, or is there any way to touch up these buttons or buy new ones? I know this is doubtful and especially with GM entire new pieces must be bought, but I figured I would ask! Thanks in advance. :coolgleam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JLaws is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Peeling trim on buttons?

Yeah those are eye sores especially if you have neutal tan interior. Forget about touching it up with touch up paint. It just doesn't work and also the harsh chemicals in the paint makes it worse by eating away the surrounding area. You can buy those buttons at Gmpartsdirect.com or cadillac-parts-dealer.com. Lasts time I checked with shipping it comes to about $35+ each. I believe you can just buy it at the dealer for that price. I had my replace thru my warranty. I told them my controls didn't work all the time. I heard they are fairly easy to repalce.
    When you get new ones just keep your hands clean and keep the buttons free of dirt and especially oil (motor oil if you do your own oil changes). I'm pretty sure that's what wore mine out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.