Rimms
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Rimms in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi not long ago i bought a 97 cadillac eldorado and i love it. now i'm looking into buying some ...
    Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Rimms

Hi

not long ago i bought a 97 cadillac eldorado and i love it.

now i'm looking into buying some nice rims for the car. i really want to get 19" or 18" wire spokes but the only ones i found were on e-bay and on this other wierd website and they were around $500 for all 4, is this normal? regular billet rimms are $1200 to $2500 for some nice ones. should wire spoke rimms cost that much or are they going to fall apart when i hit a little bump on the highway? and i want to know if there is really a big difference between rwd and fwd drive rimms besides the offset?
    here some of the links to the wire spoke rimms i found:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2461789103&category=43 958

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463270815&category=67 55

http://crite2000.zoovy.com/product/WW1005

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: Rimms

IMO spokes on any late model Caddy don't go well.... and defintily that big....

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you buy any of those wheels you will have problems. Buy Player or Dayton wheels 18” 100 spokes will run you about 250-300 a wheel. You will need a FWD offset most ebay auctions do not sell tem because they cost about 75$ more a wheel the RWD or STD. Where do you live? I have a set of 18” 100 spokes with adapters and custom engraved spinners with the Cadillac emblem cost $350 Michalin 245/45/18 tires that are almost new that I will sell for $1700 and a set of 16” 100 spoke Dayton’s with Vogue 225/60/16 tires in very good condition for $900. Now I have 20” Diablo Maximums wheels with 245/35/20 Nittos on my Eldorado.

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/att...achmentid=1204
    http://cadillacforums.com/forums/att...achmentid=1205
    Attached Images

Thanks.
    Why are u selling your rims? would u recomend buying wirespokes at all? where did u get the ground effects? and one more question, does the ride get notisably stiffer when u put the 20" rims with the 245/35 tires? if the picture u have in attached thumbnails is with the 20" rims i might get 20" wirespokes or the 19" billet rims i wanted to get.

btw, i live in Brooklyn, New York.

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I really like wire wheels but they are a pain to clean, I had the 18's and wanted some thing bigger and got a good deal on the 20's. If I were you i would get 20" 150 spoke Player wheels with 245/35/20. The ride is a little ruffer by my 98 ETC with the 20's still feels smother then my dads 2001 ETC. I got the body kit from sleepyvalley.com

509Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 fleet, 95 fleet, 59 impala

Havent you guys ever used dayton wire wheel cleaner spray on, pressure wash off they will look like new.

beemer2k is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Pat, that's a phat ass Eldo, bro. I got a question for you or LOWCOS. How often do you have to balance wire wheels, and how much does it cost?

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

97 Eldo, I'd do sport wheels, not wire wheels. 5 spoke and no bigger than 18, maybe 19.

509Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 fleet, 95 fleet, 59 impala

Quote Originally Posted by beemer2k
    Pat, that's a phat ass Eldo, bro. I got a question for you or LOWCOS. How often do you have to balance wire wheels, and how much does it cost?
    I have only balanced them once last year when I got them, It was free mounting My friend owns a lowrider shop.

inmycadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Luxury II-?, 98 Eldorado-Crimson Pearl

Exclamation Re: Rimms

shadow- your car is awesome, i want one. i'm do for a different vehicle in August. how much should i be looking at for an eldo around that year?

lowcos-car is pimpin, brah:coolgleam

pat-your car is phat, same color as mine!

I got my 97 ETC for $7,100 and it had 68,254 miles on it. The only thing that was wrong with it was the driver's side window (it didn't open or close) but i got that out of the way really cheap.

cadillacchromer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Deville

Vogue has some nice rims www.vogue-tyre.com

cadillacchromer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Deville

Or some DTS rims

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.