Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey Guys, I put up a post a little while back about bird crap staining the top of my Black ...
    Machinist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS

Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months

Hey Guys, I put up a post a little while back about bird crap staining the top of my Black 06 CTS.
    Well I took it back to the dealer (Mcguire Cadillac Woodbridge NJ) and they sent the car out to respray the top of the car with basically no questions asked. It turns out GM will do a 1 time good faith reclear of the top side of the car due to acid rain and staining. But it has to be done within the first year. The service manager stated that this information is in the back of the smaller manual we receive with our cars. I didnt even have to deal with the regional rep as previously stated to me by the service manager. Just thought I would pass this information on to everyone on the board.

Danny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Re: Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Hey Guys, I put up a post a little while back about bird crap staining the top of my Black 06 CTS.
    Well I took it back to the dealer (Mcguire Cadillac Woodbridge NJ) and they sent the car out to respray the top of the car with basically no questions asked. It turns out GM will do a 1 time good faith reclear of the top side of the car due to acid rain and staining. But it has to be done within the first year. The service manager stated that this information is in the back of the smaller manual we receive with our cars. I didnt even have to deal with the regional rep as previously stated to me by the service manager. Just thought I would pass this information on to everyone on the board.

Danny
    "Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months"

If they specificly said "clear coat" then they're shovllin it to you really bad.
    Like what was said in your other thread. You cant leave bird crap over night. Or at all for that matter. You see it and remove it.
    Even after a few hours in the sun or not it will leave a blemish.
    But nothing that a good hand wash wont take care of.

Your eventually gonna have to take care of the finish your self if you trully care.
    And that means alot more than runnin it through an automated car wash.

Can gaurantee that they arent going to clear coat anything. They will just give it a quick fast, if that, detail.

If you have the time be there to watch them..... then be there.
    And dont take the excuse that no one is alowed in the bays for insurance reasons.
    Make sure you can at least watch from a window.
    You payed good $ for that vehicle and you have the right to be able to see first hand what your dollars payed for.

Dont let them think your some sucker with cash that they will eventually try to drain out of your pocket.

You will have to eventually take care of it your self. Cause in the long run they are a business and they're in the business to make money.

Sent it out eh ??
    Next time after waranty they will surelly recomend takin it there. Cause it looked so goood before.

Save your cash, time, and inconvieniance and do it your self even better than they can.

Dont mean to sound prudish.
    Just consumer aware.

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post

Danny
    "Dealer will apply new clear coat in first 12 months"

If they specificly said "clear coat" then they're shovllin it to you really bad.
    Like what was said in your other thread. You cant leave bird crap over night. Or at all for that matter. You see it and remove it.
    Even after a few hours in the sun or not it will leave a blemish.
    But nothing that a good hand wash wont take care of.

Your eventually gonna have to take care of the finish your self if you trully care.
    And that means alot more than runnin it through an automated car wash.

Can gaurantee that they arent going to clear coat anything. They will just give it a quick fast, if that, detail.

If you have the time be there to watch them then be there.
    And dont take the excuse that no one is alowed in the bays for insurance reasons.
    Make sure you can at least watch from a window.
    You payed good $ for that vehicle and you have the right to be able to see first hand what your dollars payed for.

Dont let them think your some sucker with cash that they will eventually try to drain out of your pocket.

You will have to eventually take care of it your self. Cause in the long run they are a business and they're in the business to make money.

Sent it out eh ??
    Next time after waranty they will surelly recomend takin it there. Cause it looked so goood before.

Save your cash, time, and inconvieniance and do it your self even better than they can.

Dont mean to sound prudish.
    Just consumer aware.

banker-b is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

good to hear danny, i also bought my car from the same dealer and they hve always taken care of me and gone the extra mile to take care of my concerns.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL

McGuire is an awesome dealership. The only thing I didn't like about them, was thier trade-in prices. They basically wanted to steal my car from me. Other than that, I love them.

Don

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.