Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Edmons auction, what a day

773 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  creeker 
#1 ·
I had the opportunity to go to the Edmons auction that was held not far from my house on Sat, normaly cost $35 just to get in, friend got me a ticket. I never sat down in front of an auction like this to watch the bidding, in case you are not familiar with this auction, they specialize in muscle cars. I saw these two guys bidding on a 1967 Plymouth Fury with w hemi engine, they got the price up to $175,000 and IT DIDN'T MAKE THE RESERVE!!! owner wanted $200,000 for it, if you know this car, it looks like a grandpa mobile, nothing to look at at all. still these guys knew something about it I didn't know. next was a funny car, guy paid $755,000, this is just plain crazy to me. last but not least, a 1970 Challenger convertible (yes with hemi) 1.3 million, who are these people???? how can a car costing less than 5k new be worth that much money, I was talking to a guy there, and he said, people that collect cars like this are in another world, I aggree. gary

#4 ·
Have you ever watched the Barrett - Jackson sales on TV. Crazy stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.