Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HOLY #%&* Turbomangt !!

Tags
ext wheels
3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Murphyg 
#1 ·
Ive been at it for 5 hours and am done for the day.
Im quite impressed :bouncy:
A far superior finish than any other products Ive used.

But what has me so freaked out is the fact that Im not done yet :holycrap:
Have so far Washed, Clayed, Washed again, and used the Paint Cleaner/Polish.

WOW :thumbsup: I cant wait till tomorrow to see the results after applying the Paint Sealant and the Poly-Seal :woohoo:

Ive got to say that Im "more" than impressed :worship: Thank you very much Gary :highfive: Your process and products ROCK !!

Will post some pix when its all done.
Thanx again !
Murphy

#2 ·
Now that you have clayed and cleaned the paint, after the paint sealer you only have to do a quick coat of Poly Seal spray after a wash to keep the car looking great.

I only go through that whole process once a year. They recommend twice a year if the car is kept outside.

#3 ·
What if you have it covered?

#5 ·
Ummm *SHRUG* don't know. I guess you're keeping the elements off the paint. I think it depends on the environment too. I guess there's no SET right or wrong way. Whatever is warranted. If you keep the car clean clean all the time then once a year is probably enough anyway.

#6 · (Edited)
Im not the best photorapher. Maybe should have had my 9yr old take them for me. Shes got a knack.
They dont do total justice. But I believe they do show how great the products, done with the correct process, really are.

You really have to see it in person for the real shock value :eek:

Here's the first one.
Notice how you can look all the way down the street in the doors. Is like a mirror.
Also remember this is a silver car. Imagine on black or a darker red or blue

Attachments

#10 ·
Ive been able to get a very nice shine, reflection etc before.
And thats been with just as much care and work as usuall.
But I have to say, without any doubt whatsoever, that what Im seeing now makes everything else Ive achieved pale in comparison.

Thanx Gary you are certainally true to your word.
Cant wait to hit the highway tomorrow.

Better not damn well rain. Havent really had a chance to show it off yet. lol
Except for the neighbors that is.
Recieved some compliments from a couple of them. And they were the ones whom usually scoff at everything, turn up there noses, and or mostly dont have anything to say at all let alone a compliment.

IM SOLD !!!

#11 ·
Wow I cant stop lookin at these pics lol
Anyways......
Should mention one thing.

You should have a seperate applicator pad and Micro Fibre towel for each product you are going to apply.
I thought I had it covered but then discovered that I didnt.
Will just slow ya down lol.

BTW. I know I dont have to do all the processes every time. But was wondering.
Was 7 hours a resonable amount of time for all that I did ?
Wash
Dry
Clay
Wash again
Dry again
Paint Cleaner
Paint Sealant
Poly Seal

#13 ·
Looks great.

I don't think you need to dry between wash and clay. You should be claying with a bucket of soapy water and detailer spray anyway. The water you're drying off will help you.

#14 ·
Thought about that after Id already dried.
But was a chance to see the difference after each process.
Was able to see what the clay cleared off then etc.......

Will skip it next time though.

But did find that it is "absolutally imperative" not to hit any water drops when applying or "specifacly" removing any of the other compounds/polishes.
It will cause it to smear and spread. Once the fiber towel gets a bit damp its almost like your just re-applying or only moving the stuff around.
Did the best I could when drying. Opened all doors, hood, trunk, but still got a few drips when doing round the front cowling.

Wasnt too bad though.

All at my work were impressed. The boss wants to borrow it and pay me a percentage so he can do his Avalanche. He didnt say anything about it yesterday, but with the rain we had today he couldnt help but to comment on the beading. He couldnt get over how fine the beads were. Nothing was larger than a pencil eraser end if that.

Thanx all

#19 ·
Took my car to the dealer yesterday for its 5yr coolant change.
Same place I bought it 11 months ago.

Saw the guy that sold it to me. Took him a sec to remember me but when he saw the car it all came back.
He couldnt believe the finish. Said

"looks better than when you got it from us"

Had to explain the whole process. He was quite impressed.
Then had 2 more employees come up to me when I was at the cash payin and gettin my keys.
Same thing. Couldnt believe the finish.
Had to tell them the whole process too.

And also made sure to tell them that it was a week ago that I did it.
Had done 2 spray n shines since seein as it had rained just slightly but still looks like the day I finished it.

Coments out of the blue like that says it all. Makes feel real good too. Proud as a Peacock.

Will be stoppin by next week to give em Garys card.
Just wish that he had sent me more than just the one fridge magnet.
Cant use it anyways seein as all my appliances are stainless.
But looks like I could use more :ill:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.