Paint Peeling 93' DeVille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Paint Peeling 93' DeVille in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Help....I've had the car for 6 mos and it is beautiful, but suddenly the paint is peeling off en masse ...
    mspennydavis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Paint Peeling 93' DeVille

Help....I've had the car for 6 mos and it is beautiful, but suddenly the paint is peeling off en masse behind the rear wheel well, the side trim and under the license plate. Basically wherever there are plastic parts. Why is this happening? And what do I need to do to make her pretty again? Any advise would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: Paint Peeling 93' DeVille

the same thing is happening to my '93 CDV.... not sure what it is, and she is away for the winter for now, but that s defiitly domething that will be taken care of when she gets back on the road.... I was thinking of a clear coat type thing to cover the whole peeling area...

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

has your car ever been repainted? If so the painters might have just painted over the old stuff and after time the new paint will chip off. Thats whats happened to my car anyway.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

no way, the car was never repainted..... it is the origanal 1993-only "Slate Bronze metallic".....only 119 Coupes in were made int he color

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

lol, you sure do love that about your car dont you! lol, thats cool. I think its just something that happens to our 10 or 14 year old cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.