Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Emblem Location Opinions Wanted

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Cadillacboy 
#1 ·
So I got a few GM Performance Division emblems which are about 3.5 " by 5/8". I think are going to fit well with my project. I just want to get opinions on how to position them

On the rear deck lid we have the 32VNorthstar emblem on the left and the DTS on the right. Now I think it's conventional to position the V emblem on the left but I'm not sure that will look good in this case.

I was going to put the V emblem under the DTS and the GM Performance emblem under the 32VNorthstar. What do you guys think?

Next on is a second GM Performance Division emblem will be on the interior somewhere, but where? Glove box? Under the Nav screen? On the center console?

#3 ·
I didn't get a chance today so I'll shoot some tomorrow and post them.

#4 ·
You mean putting the "V" emblem right after the DTS one, to spell out DTS-V? That would look allright. I haven't seen the perfomance emblem - is the font different from the Northstar emblem? If so, it might clash. Maybe put the performance emblem somewhere under the hood? Maybe on the fuel rail cover? Or the shock tower brace?

As an aside, although a royal PIA, it might look killer to put the performance emblem on the back-up light lense on the 3rd light. Royal PIA though to get in there - but in the end, worth it IMHO!

#5 · (Edited)
Ok here we go. I forgot to take one left justified under the DTS but you get the idea.

The V emblem will go in the place that this one doesn't. I have 3 of these BTW so I figured one on the deck lid, one under the hood and one inside, or maybe not.

Attachments

#7 ·
Hadn't thought about it, However I would be willing to do that, sure. Now to go find one :)

Any other thoughts? Want any other pics?

#8 ·
It doesn't look good with the northstar emblem. If anything I think it would look better somewhere around the DTS one. Like maybe beside it or somewhere underneath it. Where you tried it in that picture it doesn't look right. You can tell someone just stuck it on there.

#9 ·
What if it was justified left or right with the DTS? We don't want it to look like it was stuck on there. We want to have a nice clean project when we're done.

#12 ·
I think I'm going to replace the N* emblem and put the V emblem underneath that. Then I'm going to put the GM Performance emblem under the DTS.

How does that sound? Everyone.

#15 ·
#17 ·
I also put V8 N* emblem on the bottom of the front doors but you can also put V Series Emblem instead.I saw a '96 Brougham with V Series Emblem on the front doors .
I also added new STS emblem (script) on the right hand side to trunk as well as inside the car.(Right hand side just onto the wooden near air vent .That's about where Cadillac script was put on at earlier models)

#20 ·
That does loo nice. I don't know if i have enough room to do that. Plus it looks extra nice on his car because of the location. Over the light makes a nice line underneath. That also looks nice on the doors.

I may not put the Performance emblem on the rear deck lid at all, now that I think about it. I don't want it to start getting cluttered. Remember I am making some what of a real V and I want to be as Factoryish as GM would have been in 01.

No gawd, no fluff. WWGMD ?

#22 · (Edited)
I use monofilament fishing line. Work it back and forth and it slices right through the foam backing. Then use an old plastic credit card and some goo remover to get rid of the old adhesive and foam residue. I then clay the area and use Gary's paint cleaner and poly seal before attaching the new emblems.

#24 · (Edited)
Boy all you people adding V emblems to standard cars is killing me. :helpless: How am, I supposed to stand out? :bigroll:

I have a small plastic thing called The Widget. It's a tool they use in grocery stores to remove labels and price stickers. Same as the credit card idea but it's real thin on the edge. That and some goo be gone or something works well. Clean the area well after removal and that's it.

You guys need to do some work before adding the prestigious V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.