Detailing/ simplied
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Detailing/ simplied in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have been asked about my products and how they are used so I thought I should post this. after ...
    turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Detailing/ simplied

I have been asked about my products and how they are used so I thought I should post this.
    after you wash you clay (do this twince a year) use spray and shine as a lubricant along with soapy water for claying (car wash soap)
    the paint cleaner is next, to deep clean and polish the paint
    paint sealant is in place of wax for longer protection, and great shine
    that's it for the paint, optional: polyseal, this will prolong the shine/depth and reflectivity of the paint sealant if used say once a month.

dressing is for tires, wheels wells, dash (has UV protection) all plastic and vinyl all water based, safe.

wheel cleaner cleans wheels safely and attacks brake dust

clay, you should know that by now

leather cleaner and conditioner, should be done 4 times a year so seats don't dry out and crack.
    last, my micro fiber are the best I have found to date, the only fabric that touches any car in my shop.
    as you can see, it is pretty simple, now that its spelled out. here is a copy of descriptons as well.

Perfect Auto Finish

Ultimate paint cleaner:
    A mild abrasive deep cleaner to be used after washing and clay procedure. Contains polishing oils to restore a wet look shine while cleaning the finish. Simply apply about a quarter size amount of product on an applicator pad, work product into the finish in back and forth motion, remove right away with a micro fiber towel. Work in small sections at a time. Not in direct sunlight.

Ultimate Paint Sealant:
    A highly reflective finish that will also provide superior protection lasting up to 6 times longer than any wax. Apply a small amount on an applicator pad, do the entire car and let it sit for app 20 minutes. Remove with a micro fiber towel. (Recommended using paint cleaner prior to using this product for the first time)

Ultimate Spray and Shine:
    Water based non protective product used as a lubricant for clay bar, and for removing smudge marks, finger prints, and dust. Use whenever necessary, simply spray and wipe with a micro fiber towel.

Poly –Seal Spray:
    A petroleum based product that includes some of the properties in my paint sealant. A coat of poly seal offers added protection to your finish, giving the paint sealant added depth and brilliance. Use this once a month or whenever you want to “refresh” your finish. Continued use of poly-Seal will keep your car in show room condition. SHAKE WELL. Spray and wipe with micro fiber towel.

Ultimate Dressing:
    A water based dressing safe for all rubber, molded plastic, and vinyl. Shake and spray on your engine, tires, wheel wells> use an applicator pad to apply on dash, inside door trim, rubber seals and other interior parts made of same. Will not stain or harm paint.

Ultimate leather cleaner;
    A neutral medium alkaline cleaner safe for all leather and vinyl. Simply spray and wipe clean.

Ultimate leather conditioner:
    A Lanolin based conditioner ideal for all leather to ensure oils are kept in leather to prevent from drying out. Use after the leather cleaner. Apply a small amount on a pad, work into the leather, continue until you are done, then go back and buff with a soft towel to a satin shine.

Clay Bar:
    Automotive clay is specially formulated to remove surface contaminants from the finish, ensuring the finish is as clean as possible. This critical step is key is obtaining the most reflective shine on your vehicle. After car is washed, get a bucket of water and car wash soap solution, have your spray and shine handy. Flatten a small piece of clay in your palm; remove all jewelry from your hands. Lather a section of the car you are working on with soap solution. Dip the clay in the solution as well, now spray the clay and the section of the car you are about to clay, (NOTICE NOW MUCH I EMPHASIZE LOTS OF LURICATION)now rub the clay back and forth, when it starts to feel like its hesitating, repeat the procedure. Continue over entire car. When you’re finished, do a quick wash to remove clay residue, dry and your ready to deep clean.
    p.s. If you drop the clay, throw it out, it will pick up millions of tiny dirt particles, which will harm your finish, use it wisely.

Micro Fiber is the softest most absorbent material on the market. Nothing comes close to this product for drying and or removing polish, wax/sealant or cleaning windows. They can be used over and over again, wash as you would any towel just don’t use fabric softener

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Re: Detailing/ simplied

Thanks Gary... That's a big help. I do however just want to clarify 1 little thing.

The Poly Seal Spray would be used to, as you say, 'refresh' the shine rather than re-applying the 'Paint Sealant' at that time.

Whereas the Spray and Shine is for the lighter works such as a quick dust removal or that crap that gets on paint behind the rear wheels while driving to a show.

Do I have it straight now?

Thanks again.

Now You Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gary

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Whew. Thanks. Some times it takes detail to make me understand lol. But now I need to order more stuff, damn it.

Thanks again Gary. Apparently I wasn't the only one confused.

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by codewize View Post
    Whew. Thanks. Some times it takes detail to make me understand lol. But now I need to order more stuff, damn it.

Thanks again Gary. Apparently I wasn't the only one confused.
    Takes detail to understand detailing. Aint that the truth LOL

Think Ive almost got it too.

Want to add something though that you didnt mention here. You included it in your PM and I think its important:

"........clay removes micro contaminants that are "ON" the finish, the paint cleaner/polish works at scratches, and other blemishes that are "IN" the finish, two different processes, but just as important."

So youve basicly covered everything I need to know.
    But I do have two final questions
    Hope its the last 2

1) Any recomendations for frequency of use for the Paint Cleaner and the Paint Sealant?

2) Do you offer any perticular packages/kits. Or is everything individual?
    I didnt notice that on your site.
    Either way I dont think it really matters. Just curious

Cant wait to put in my order
    Thanx !

Paint cleaner/polish along with sealant should be done twice a year, during full detail treatment, inbetween use the polyseal like once a month. I will post some kits packages for you guys in another thread, Gary

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.