Leather Question, Need something to make my leather darker
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Leather Question, Need something to make my leather darker in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have tan leather in my escalade and some of the leather has started to loose its surface color and ...
    fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Leather Question, Need something to make my leather darker

I have tan leather in my escalade and some of the leather has started to loose its surface color and has become a bit darker.it is quite noticable.

Does anyone know of a leather conditioner that would make the rest of my leather darker so that it would match the ruin parts?

Or any other ways to solve the problem?

I have a car show coming up soon and I just want a temporary fix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re: Leather Question, Need something to make my leather darker

Are you sure it isn't just dirt that has been ground in to the surface, making it appear darker? Maybe a combination of dirt and skin oils? Get thee to a place called leatherique.com and pick up their one-two punch by the name of Rejuvenator oil and Prestine conditioner. Follow the directions to the letter and see if your leather doesn't come back to it's factory-correct colour after one application. I confess I doubted their claims at first, my own leather was showing some light/dark blotching and the odd faded area ('97 Deville, Dark Montana Blue interior). I picked up their 8oz. starter kit and after ONE application, everything came back to it's former glory. I was amazed - as will be you - at the CRAP that stuff pulled out of the seating surfaces and backs of the seats!!! And the final part - the Prestine conditioner - will leave your leather butter-soft to the touch. The attached pic was taken after the leatherique treatment was completed.

OR:

Pretty well any conditoner will darken the leather, but only for a short period. Other than re-dying, I can't think of what else you could do, short of using shoe polish!

OR:

A permanent solution would be go to leathermagic.com, tell them the colour code of your leather and for $50.00 they will send you enough dye to do the entire interior. It isn't hard to apply and it is a permanent solution.

Best of luck at that carshow!

MWA
    MWA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS

Frost is exactly correct.............it's Leatherique.com Only the best for the best. It is amazing what Frost's prescribed treatment will do for genuine leather seats. You will not be disappointed!

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Its dirt become engrained.

Get Meguiars 2 Step Aloe Cleaner and Condtioner. About 11 bucks. Its a blue liquid and another liquid. Best results for the money guaranteed.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

thanks for the replies

I am getting a guy to redye the area thats messed up for $60.

I need it done right and asap, I cant afford messing around with it and ending up with some other color lol

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

I don't think you needed a re-dye?

But there go your 60 bucks.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

drastic measure for a not-so critical issue - but it's your money, so part with it any which way you want - but call me next time. I'll gladly take your 60 bucks (you won't even have to wait for the dye to dry, 'cuz I won't be using any) and fix that problem for you!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.