Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Night Wolf 
#1 ·
Just wanted any opinions on best way to clean the white vinyl roof on the 95 Fleetwood. Thanks!

#2 ·
Depends on what's on it. Look at your local auto parts store (Discount Auto, Auto Zone, etc.) for a product used to clean vinyl tops and such for tough jobs. Otherwise just car wash soap and water with a cloth and towel dry. Don't use bleach or some strong household chemical. Also try to get a chemical that won't stain since the top is white. Be careful when scrubbing around the seams. If you shred the stitching, you will shorten the life of your roof.

Some stains will not come off of a white vinyl roof no matter what. If you see anything foreign land on your roof, get it cleaned off as soon as possible. Sometimes, once it has dried and settled into the grain, it is there permanently.

#3 ·
Ive heard Mop-N-Glo works VERY well from MANY people here... I would heed their advice... Search around...... :)

G
#4 ·
elwesso said:
Ive heard Mop-N-Glo works VERY well from MANY people here... I would heed their advice... Search around...... :)
Many eons ago I was a detailer and found that mop-n-glo is indeed the best product to use on white vinyl tops. After doing a Lincoln or Caddy with a white vinyl top the owners were always amazed. :)

#7 ·
maybe you're thinking of here...?

(btw this was in the Fleetwood forum and i moved it into the detailing section).....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.