Hard to clean spot near the front doors on a 93
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Hard to clean spot near the front doors on a 93 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was cleaning my car up a bit today and noticed that their is a spot infront of the front ...
    behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Hard to clean spot near the front doors on a 93

I was cleaning my car up a bit today and noticed that their is a spot infront of the front doors below the jamb that is very hard to clean out. I could get my fingers in their and pulled out several leaves and pine needles. It is very crudy in their with alot of stuf decomposing in it. I tried to use a vacum but it was to heavy and moist to be sucked up.

Since the doors have to be open to see it I would think hosing it out is not a option. I will try and find pics, or take some, to show exactly where I mean. The panel looks removeable from the outside, I removed 2 screws from the wheel well but it was still attached somehow. I thought about a air compressor to blow it out, but then all that junk would go everywhere and their would be a good chance alot would land on the interior

I am attaching a picture from the outside (not my exact car) to show exactly what I want to clean behind
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Re: Hard to clean spot near the front doors on a 93

Use an air compressor. PLace a blanket or somethng over the interior so the junk wont fall on it.

Then again, its just leaves.

behind-bars is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9L

Re: Hard to clean spot near the front doors on a 93

Quote Originally Posted by SL1CK View Post
    Use an air compressor. PLace a blanket or somethng over the interior so the junk wont fall on it.

Then again, its just leaves.

Yeah, I thought the air compressor would be the best anyway, just didnt see the spot untill after I throughly cleaned the entire interior . Guess I can just cover it up real good.

It is just leaves, but its several years of leaves, I used to park under a tree that lost probably a few million leaves a year and alot found their way insie the car, and the wind blew them off the ground into that spot. Their is several inches of dirt behind the panels on both sides from the decomposition, It is real moist and I am worried it could cause rust

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.