Windshield Scratch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Windshield Scratch in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; One of my windshield wiper blades popped out of the clips at the end of the wiper arm. I heard ...
    gman2153 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Windshield Scratch

One of my windshield wiper blades popped out of the clips at the end of the wiper arm. I heard the scratching sound and pulled off the road and reinserted it. The wiper only made a couple of passes before I fixed it, but left a nice scratch in the windeshield.

Is there any product out there that I can use to buff this scratch away without causing further damage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Windshield Scratch

There are a few companies like Eastwood that sells scratch repair kits for glass, I have not had much luck personally with them

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You may be able to take it out with one of the polishing kits depending on the depth of the scratch. You do have to be careful because a little too much heat from friction and your windshield will distort. Follow the directions carefully and to the T. You can order it from Eastwood or JC Whitney to name a couple of sources.

Shano is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I use 0000 or 000 steel wool and lightly rub it out like you were rubbing out a scatch in your paint. I know it soudns scary but it works

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '08 G6 GT

Steel wool, really? I need to do this to my '69 Sed Dev as well, someone let the blades wear down so much that the metal bracket scratches the windshield probably havent been replaced since '69. theres a nice scratched area on that windshield. Do you need to polish the windshield after using the steel wool?:coolgleam

Shano is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I usually just use windex to clean it off. You can also use Steel Wool for scratches in plastics.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Steel wool sounds scary on glass. I would try practicing on my neighbor's windshield first before I tried it on my own. I would stick with the special windshield polishing compound. I used it on a Vette I once owned and it worked great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.