Someone please help me
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Someone please help me in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My wife took the Cad to buy furniture and came back home with a box on the roof. Now I ...
    99Classillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex-99 Deville owner, Now-04 DTS and 05 DTS. ZX6R Pilot too.

Someone please help me

My wife took the Cad to buy furniture and came back home with a box on the roof. Now I have a lot of little scratches up there where they slid the big box on. I was really mad, but that ain't gonna fix my problem. How can I get the scratches out? They are not deep or nothing, just really small scratches, but you can see it at angles. I don't have experience doing any stuff like this. Will a normal wax job fix it? I'm frustrated, it's like I lost a loved one. My heart hurts. Will I be able to do it myself or do I have to take it to a detail shop and spend a lot of money?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Someone please help me

PS the car is white

PS the car is white

I just ordered some stuff from Zaino. I read another thread and they said that swirls and scratches can be removed. I bought...
    1. Show car wash
    2. Claybar
    3. Fusion dual action paint cleaner swirl remover
    4. pro show car polish for swirl marks and fine scratches
    5. pro show car polish for clear coated car finishes
    6 ultra clean gloss enhancer spray

I hope this all works for my car.

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Not sure how much you paid, but for 25 bucks my cleaner polish and sealant is all you need. p.s. the clay bar will do nothing for the scratches. it is for removing surface contaminants. Gary

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

All you need is an 8 dollar bottle of Meguiars ScratchX, and a Meguiars High Tech applicator packs (they're 2 for 1.50 in some places), and Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber.

All under twenty bucks will take care of that.

Instructions for ScratchX.

Prep Work: Make sure affected area has been washed. Clay if necessary.

Apply bead of ScratchX on pad. Spread product out over affected area. Now work in with "passion behind the pad/elbow grease". After products goes a bit clear, remove with microfiber. If necessary, may require more than one applicaton using the same process.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

I suppose Meguiar's would do the trick - but I think it would be a temp fix - the scratches could come back after a few washes.

I would try and compund them, but always start with the mildest compound you can get. At first. You can always go with a more aggressive paste, but it is best to only use what you have to, and the mildest is the route to go.

Gary's stuff is "aces" as well, but when you just gotta get 'er done, you can't wait around for the UPS weenie to show up when you're not around to take delivery.

For futrue ref, stockpile various detailing "weapons" for your arsenal so that the next time - you're ready for whatever happens.

SA Detailer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Zaino does not take scratches out, it's just a filler, a few washes and the scratches will reappear.

San Antonio Mobile Wash

www.SAmobilecarwash.com

FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

I've been using the tube style of "Meguiars ScratchX" for years and it does work great. I now use it on my white CTS and a black 300C.

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by FastCTS View Post
    I've been using the tube style of "Meguiars ScratchX" for years and it does work great. I now use it on my white CTS and a black 300C.

Told ya so!!

I wish I would have know all this before I ordered my stuff. Hey Gary got your message, I don't have 50 posts yet so i can't send messages. But I got the Claybar because isn't is supposed to make the paint smooth again? My paint isn't smooth, it isn't sandpaper either though. Also i got these little rust colored spots (really small dots) on my rear bumper. I know it's no rust, the bumper is plastic. I heard it was the paint oxidizing. I planned on using the claybar on that. I heard that it fixes that. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Don't know about the rust? spots on the bumper, but the claybar will bring your paint back to it's former "smooth as a baby's arse" glory that it had from the factory. Attached is a short snap of a 3 level shine, beginning with a good claying.

Any environmental fallout that is sitting on your clearcoat is fair game for the clay. Any tree sap, bird sap or even brake dust particles that have migrated up onto the fender - they will all respond to a good claying.

What a claybar WON'T do is remove scratches or pitting or other blemishes on or in the paint.

Too bad you invested in all that product, but think of it as an insurance policy against any future catastrophes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.