hand wax or buffer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, hand wax or buffer? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; SO THIS MORNING I DECIDE - its thursday i dont have be at work till monday why dont i wax ...
    Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

hand wax or buffer?

SO THIS MORNING I DECIDE - its thursday i dont have be at work till monday why dont i wax the cars. so i got this mcguiars liquid wax and detailer spray. i dont have a buffer and the local "national wholesale liquidator" was out. but had this stuff on sale for $3.99 each bottle so i got a bottle of each, the spray wax you buff turns into a haze and you wipe off. the detaialer i guess is for in between wax applications u spray on wipe off doesnt haze really nice shine out of both. so my question is after the first car i was way too tired to wax the other two cars. i started with the escalade the biggest first. i got a great shine out of this stuff but man did i take a beating it took me about 2 hours cause i didnt want to overspray and stuff. and i think i would of been better off with a buffer. what do you guys usually do hand wax or use a buffer? and why. what kind of results do you get if you have a black escalade. this wax worked great but man did it wear me out doing it by hand

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

403HP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: hand wax or buffer?

I always hand wax. You can damage your paint with a uffer if you are not carefull. The best wax on the market is Zanio. I have been using it for years and it is unbelievable the shine you will get. You can get thier stuff online at zaniostore.com - All about zaniostore.com. Best of all it is easy to use.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

The best car care products I've found is zaino,(sounds close to your zanio).
    I have a 1980 cdv and it looks like it's five years old, I clayed it and used restorer solution,wax,and then a coating liquid.None of the products are wax
    type, they are all liquid, and very easy to apply and buff,I finished it off with a spray to enhance depth of paint, looks like looking into a pool of water.
    super rich effect. I learned of this product on this website, many good reports by members.

which zanio product is good for a one step process. im not exactlyy in the greatest shape of my life so i prefer a one step wax after washing the car. apply and buff off or something that doesnt haze if possible. i dont have a garage i park in a multi story garage/ parking lot and i just go to a local car wash, do a full service wash then detail the interior and finally wax the car id like a one step wax. instead of using a clay bar/ then wax then polish and sealer. i want one wax and thats all. which product would be best for me?

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Uria702, probably the best thing to do is go to a auto supply store and explain what you want.

lol, u try buying something in brooklyn, ny everytime i go to an auto supply store they want to sell me crap i dont need.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

I hand waxed my Escalade once and that was the last time. It took me forever. I'm not sure what type of wax I used, but it was a pad and you had to apply it and then it would haze, and then you would wipe it off. It came out great, but it really took a lot of time. I would possibly give it another shot if I had some type of liquid. It would probably be a lot easier for me.

Thanks.

hornyjuan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It all depends on what type of wax your using. Some products get better results with buffing some products look better hand applied. As far as buffing, get a dual action orbital which is pretty much idiot proof. The pad oscillates so it's like jiggling at thousands of rotations per minute. A human cannot rotate his hand at a thousand spins per minute so there are some things that a buffer will definetly accomplish better ie breaking compounds down etc. But as always, it's all in the prep work. So washing your car correctly, claying, polishing with finer and finer products until your paint's clearcoat is as even as possible will get you the best results. Wax is just iceing on the cake.

lordkevork is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've been using zaino for 8 years now and although it is more time consuming it does require less effort and better results then anything i've ever tried. I wouldn't use anything else.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I use Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax and do it entirely by hand. I use the pad they give you to apply it, one microfiber cloth to remove the wax, and another microfiber cloth to go over everything once more. Looks beautiful when done. Takes about 2 hours to do it all, but the results are definatley worth it.

403HP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by creeker View Post
    The best car care products I've found is zaino,(sounds close to your zanio).
    I have a 1980 cdv and it looks like it's five years old, I clayed it and used restorer solution,wax,and then a coating liquid.None of the products are wax
    type, they are all liquid, and very easy to apply and buff,I finished it off with a spray to enhance depth of paint, looks like looking into a pool of water.
    super rich effect. I learned of this product on this website, many good reports by members.
    LOL - thanks for picking that up. I do use Zaino not Zanio. Sometimes I type faster then I think. Zaino is great. I have used it for years I will never use anything alse. I ly bar all my cars once a year. I apply a few coats of Z1 &Z2 every monthy or two and follow with Z6. After I was my cars I use Z6 to finish.

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just hosted a detailing seminar last night, had over 50 people show up, my second largest turn out ever. The number one question people ask me after the session, is what products do I use in my shop to achieve the results I get. 3 years ago, when I did my first clinic I had the same questions asked, so I went to my suppliers that cator to the pro's and said they should make these professional supplies available to the public, most of them said they had no interest in selling retail, reason was they wanted to pack in 50 ga and 5 ga sizes, and they didn't want to host an 800# to answer questions. soon after that the Ultimate series of Perfect Auto Finish was started, to date the rest is history, I now sell all over the world. Most of my customers were using some of the brands you all now about, and now see the benefit of using professional grade products. I'm not hear just to sell but to educate. The reason I do seminars is to let people know what is going on in the industry. All you have to do is read the feedback on my web site to be convinced its time to take a look beyond what you have been using. Gary

cadillacdrvr8692 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Well I myself have once had this question...and my conclusion DO NOT USE TURTLE WAX!!!!!!!it looked really nice on my 92 sedan until about the third day i started to notice a funny looking "film" on the paint...didnt look like wax to me, but anyway my paint started coming off IN CHUNKS!!So my point is I feel it is just a bad wax(took about 2 1/2 hours)

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Some of you have seen what the cavern I keep my auto supplies looks like - I've tried damn near everything (with the exception of Zaino and Gary's products...maybe one day...) and for my money, the best one-step, wipe-on, wipe-off, excellent shine, very good protection, easiest to use product, bar none, at a good price is Duragloss Aqua-Wax.

Literally spray a pump of the trigger on a body panel, wipe it with a soft cotton towel, and you're done. Shines like the bejeezus, no residue, no film, no buffing, smells good, about 8 bucks for a bottle that will last 6 months.

Duragloss Duragloss AW (Aquawax)

If you can't find it locally (they do have a distribution problem), they will ship as much as you want for $5 bucks.

99Classillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex-99 Deville owner, Now-04 DTS and 05 DTS. ZX6R Pilot too.

Does anyone know how to use the clay stuff? I ear its great but I'm scared to mess up my paint because I don't know what I'm doin. My rear bumber has these really small dots that look like rust. Someone told me the paint was oxidizing. But they said clay may be able to take the stuff off. I hope so, and I wanna try so if anyone knows anything, let me know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.