ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel Review in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; At our last SoCal Cadillac Meet one of the CTS's had ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel on it and I ...
    SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thumbs up ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel Review

At our last SoCal Cadillac Meet one of the CTS's had ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel on it and I was impressed when he said that it had been on for two weeks, and it still looked great; so I bought some to test and here what I've learned:
    It is a gel in an upside-down bottle (a concept I like as product is always where you need it) with a supplied foam applicator.

Application is pretty straightforward, but those areas on the tire which are highlighted with small ribbing and lettering take a little more time to get product coverage.

Surprisingly, it does not feel greasy when you touch it after application.

It looks great! I mean it really does.
    I'll follow-up in two weeks and tell members the result.

What I currently use, and just received another case of, is Stoner's More Shine (it used to be named More Shine Less Time). The new can says "New and Improved." Since I have two cans of the older More Shine I have not yet seen what the "New and Improved" is about.

P.S. Forgot to mention...it was "onephatguy" on the CTS forum who introduced me to this product.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel Review

Sounds like a solvent based product which may look shiney, but its not the best thing for rubber. water based dressings leave a satin look, more natural. just my opinion gk

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

As said solvent base tire dressings can cause problems, and can stain paint as well, we saw this in our shops many times.

I do not know whether is it solvent based as it only states: "Extreme Tire Shine Gel's unique formula contains a proprietary blend of high-molecular-weight silicone fluids that adhere to your tire..." and "...formula contains special polymers that stabilize the product..." It would be hard to substantiate whether is has solvents unless one is a chemist, and I am not qualified to speculate.

So far I like what I see and it has not flung off onto the car. It is quite clean to the touch, and I have to say I am impressed with ArmorAll as I stopped using ArmorAll years ago, but things have changed with them.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

I like the satin look better myself, to each his own but the gloss to me looks like someone trying to make an old tire look better than it really is, it stands out to much,detracts from overall appeal of car.

Quote Originally Posted by creeker
    I like the satin look better myself, to each his own but the gloss to me looks like someone trying to make an old tire look better than it really is, it stands out to much,detracts from overall appeal of car.
    Have you tried Stoner More Shine? If you spray it on once it has a satin look, twice a shiner look. Quick, easy, and it's what I normally use, but I'm experimenting with the ArmorAll. I can say that since More Shine is a spray, and you will get some overspray on your rims—quickly wiped off—but it's another step if you are a perfectionist. They sell in commercial sizes too that are not sprays, but they are larger than one gallon containers.

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would hope Armol all changed things after their class action law suit where they lost millions, main reason most professionals don't use them , gk

There always seems to be a lot of bashing of products like Turtle Wax, Simoniz, and ArmorAll, but lest we forget it is these products that spawned the level of detailing we see today.

This reminds me very much of the Snap-On fanatic who insists that there is no equal, and looks down on people who own other brands. I began with S&K and to this day the 3/8" drive ratchet I choose, over others, is my old S&K. I have since purchased many a brand of tool, that includes Snap-On as well. I get a chuckle out of the products that Snap-On reboxes that are made by others that they sell when the uninitiated believes that only Snap-On made said tool.

My policy and experience is that things change—if not—then something is wrong. What's good one day can be bad the next.

rubenmer1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium (RWD), 1999 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    As said solvent base tire dressings can cause problems, and can stain paint as well, we saw this in our shops many times.
    hcvone,

What do you recomend?

Thank you.

One Week follow-up: Washed my car and did not have to reapply the tire gel. Normally, with More Shine I'd be spraying another application. Still looks good.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SoCadillac
    One Week follow-up: Washed my car and did not have to reapply the tire gel. Normally, with More Shine I'd be spraying another application. Still looks good.
    i just bought some....better work!!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski
    i just bought some....better work!!
    Now for the disclaimer (small print):

This is a review not a recommendation. People who purchase said product in Texas may be subject to more petroleum byproducts than those from other States. Members who forum name begins in "U" are disqualified from any negative feedback and subject to becoming an "Unauthorized Moderator." Since I like Urby, if Urby does not approve of said product, I shall own Urby one (1) beer.

Thumbs up Re: ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel Review

Sorry to post one day short of two weeks, but I am posting while I can.

I am very impressed with this product as after nearly two weeks and two car washes it still looks great! I should have submitted pictures of the start and finish results—my apologies.

My own personal test conditions were as follows:
    • Approximately 400 miles of travel in the time tested.
    • Garaged each night.
    • Washed twice.

I feel it was a good acquisition, worth the money. It worked better Stoner's More Shine (old stock, not tested against the New and Improved More Shine).

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL

It seems that this tire shine works as well as the Meguiars Endurance. I have been usine the Endurance for about three or four years now. It will last about three or four weeks on the tires. It is a gel, so it will not fling off the tires, as long as you do not put it on super heavy. Endurance comes in two flavors, High Gloss, and a thinner new tire low gloss. I use the high gloss, and I love it. It smells good too. Has a grape smell to it, but I haven't tasted it yet. So I am not sure if it tastes like grape.

Don

aamusls06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Cadillac Seville SLS, 88 Cadillac Deville, Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SoCadillac View Post
    Sorry to post one day short of two weeks, but I am posting while I can.

I am very impressed with this product as after nearly two weeks and two car washes it still looks great! I should have submitted pictures of the start and finish results—my apologies.

My own personal test conditions were as follows:
    • Approximately 400 miles of travel in the time tested.
    • Garaged each night.
    • Washed twice.
    I feel it was a good acquisition, worth the money. It worked better Stoner's More Shine (old stock, not tested against the New and Improved More Shine).
    I read this thread and decided to try it about the same time you said that you applied. I too have had some pretty damn good results. I went home and came back to work which is about a 400 miles roundtrip. I've also been driving it around town over the last three weeks. My car isn't garaged right now since I am away from home.

I have noticed that on the Continental tires that this product seems to be a little bit more dull than my 2 new Goodyears on the front. But those Continentals will be gone after this weekend. They seem to be a softer rubber than the Goodyears. This is why I believe the Goodyears look better.

It is also throws back off the tire onto the body and causes excessive road grime to build up on the body, but hell I haven't seen a tire shine that hasn't done that. I catch hell getting that sh*t off, but what the hell

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.