Would like opinions on 2 items
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Would like opinions on 2 items in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As most of you know I searched long and hard for a black DTS but couldn't find one, so because ...
    codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Would like opinions on 2 items

As most of you know I searched long and hard for a black DTS but couldn't find one, so because of the super low mileage I ended up getting one in Cashmere.

Opinions based on looks only. I'm not talking about care and maintenance please.

So here's my question. I'm looking to put a brown top ion it and wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are on that. I've seen them and I like the look but I want the car to keep it's toughness too. I think the top adds style and class but does it take to much away from the 'bad ass' look.

Secondly I was also considering the stainless fender lip accents but I think that might be much on a car that they took all the chrome off of and did everything in the body color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: Would like opinions on 2 items

I don't think dark brown would be a good look for that car.

I've seen cashmere DeVilles with the tan/off-white top that I really liked. Also, that's about the only color that I think looks good with gold emblems.

I know a lot of people here HATE vinyl tops but I'm a throwback to the late-70's and early 80's. I always liked the look.

The top would be cloth.

No gold emblems here. They're the blacked out looking ones

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

If you're looking at something like the VOGUE tops, then I think that'd look pretty nice - they have a style called the "Tuxedo" that is kind of like a 3/4 top. Mind you they also have a half-top "biarritz" style that is pretty sweet, too.

RE the stainless wheel arches, I don't think that would be TOO out of line - but have you looked into the stainless steel rockers for that style of car? It might give you a more subtle "factory" look as opposed to the "eyebrow" style chrome wheel arches which in a coupla instances have really looked like they were tacked on - guess it all boils down to the manufacturer,,,,,,,,,,,

I hadn't looked at Vogue. I dind't know they did such work. The dealer turned me on to the guy that does all their work. I've seen some of his stuff and he does nice factory style work.

Wow that Tuxedo top is pretty nice. I think I'd be into what they call the Cabriolet Convertible Roof Package. Since I'm after the imitation convertible look I think that would be it.

I'd never really looked around the Vogue site before other than wheels.

hey, if his prices are as good as his work, then you have it made. Vogue has good stuff but they arent the cheapest solution on the planet by all means.

LOL I think this guy was something like $1200

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    hey, if his prices are as good as his work, then you have it made. Vogue has good stuff but they arent the cheapest solution on the planet by all means.

Whatever you end up deciding to do, please post your results. I'd like to see the end result!

Oh, forgot to ask: are you still looking at a chocolate-coloured top or black?

Not sure yet. I think I have to play with photoshop a bit to look at it in both colors. I'll mock up some pictures and post them so you can also take a look.

Oh, forgot to ask: are you still looking at a chocolate-coloured top or black?

Well here's two quick samples, obviously without the chrome trim.
    Attached Images

Certainly gives it a more formal look, eh? Have you checked the 1/2 and 1/4 ragtops @ Vogue's website?

Either of those should pretty well guarantee that you'd be unique in your area - if your area is anything like mine. Just having one of those tops is rare enough!!

I did look at them. Honestly I have to tell you that whenever I see a landau top I think of a Lincoln. I don't know why but I do, so I could never do that to my car.

It's bad enough I got a parking ticket the other day and the bitch wrote LINC in the space for model. Besides the fact I have a parking permit for that location you could imagine my rage

Certainly gives it a more formal look, eh? Have you checked the 1/2 and 1/4 ragtops @ Vogue's website?

Either of those should pretty well guarantee that you'd be unique in your area - if your area is anything like mine. Just having one of those tops is rare enough!!

SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Have you thought about painting the roof the color you want versus the Landau? It would look good. Also, put a bronze tinting on the windows to tie it all together. The fender accents are a bit much (for me).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.