Looking for a Detailer in Austin
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Looking for a Detailer in Austin in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anyone have any recommendations for a good auto detailer in the Austin area? I have been here for two ...
    PhillyXcess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS (Black on Black)
    I currently live in Austin, TX, but I will always be a Philly Kid.

Looking for a Detailer in Austin

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good auto detailer in the Austin area? I have been here for two years, but I have yet to find a really good detailer.

I live in a strict development that has rules against washing your car in your driveway, so doing it myself is not an option. More importantly, I do not think I would do my car justice.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Looking for a Detailer in Austin

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

I checked for detailers in Texas using that site Gary. The nearest one is in El Paso.

And thats not very near actually.

easymoney$$$$ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyXcess
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good auto detailer in the Austin area? I have been here for two years, but I have yet to find a really good detailer.

I live in a strict development that has rules against washing your car in your driveway, so doing it myself is not an option. More importantly, I do not think I would do my car justice.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi PhillyXcess, WOW I feel sorry for you for not having the freedom to wash your car where you live. I feel lucky to live in the hills of east Texas with no restrictions. I hope you find a good person to detail your Caddy. easymoney$$$$

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

No kidding, EM- imagine not being able to detail your own car on your own property. I wouldn'tbe bale to handle that - my car gets washed/vacuumed once a week in the summer, more often if there is an event I plan on going to, and then once a month it gets a proper exterior and interior detailing.

BTW easymoney, it appears we are both bidding on the same Vogue ashtray on Ebay,,,,,,,,,may the best "voguer" win!"

It one of those little things you take for granted. Before we bought the house they gave us this binder with several hundred pages of information on the developmment, construction timeline, etc. Inside were all the homeowners associations rules and regulations. Of course, I never bothered to look at the rules until after I got a letter in the mail reprimanding me for washing MY car in MY driveway. That letter was followed up about a week later with a $50 fine for second offense. I am more pissed that one of my "neighbors" felt the need to report me, not one but twice for such a heinous offense.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

I swear that there are people out there who want to turn us all into tattle-talers. How pathetic is that? These people are SO insecure with their own psyches that they feel they have to foist their version of their perfect world on the self-thinkers among us.

Yeah, we have those clowns up here, too - but nowhere around my place

. Luckily, I live in a 110 year old house on a street that is barely older than said house and am surrounded by what we like to call "The Blue Rinse" Crowd - older, mature people in their own homes who know the value of personal space and most importantly, THEY MIND THEIR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!

They would be appalled to think they might be accused of trying to make someone come over to their way of thinking on well,,,,,,,,,anything really.

I feel for you, Buddy but I;ve also found that whenever I encounter one of these do-gooders out to save me from myself, a well timed "Take a Flying F**k at the Moon, Anus Breath" usually shuts them down right quick. It also doesn't hurt to crank up one of your most menacing glares while you're spouting off, either.

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Strict restrictions indeed. Which subdivision in Austin is this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roman371
    Strict restrictions indeed. Which subdivision in Austin is this? Thanks
    Shadowglen.

Overall, it's a great new development, but I think some of the rules are a bit strict. It's not like I had a 30 year old car up on blocks in my front yard.

Apparently each neighborhood in the development varies. In speaking with others in the development, most neighbors do not seem so quick to enforce the letter of the law.

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Maybe there is a heightened enforcement since it is such a new subdivision. You have a nice golf course, anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.