Shampooing Carpet
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Shampooing Carpet in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I went ahead and ordered some odor remover http://www.rx4carpets.com/odorcide210.html and I'm going to do the carpet this week once it ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Shampooing Carpet

I went ahead and ordered some odor remover http://www.rx4carpets.com/odorcide210.html
    and I'm going to do the carpet this week once it arrives. I plan on power-washing the floor mats to get all the sand out, then throwing them into the washing machine with some good soap. The drier, naturally to dry them will follow. I have a professional extractor to use (thank you rental business going out of business, lol) that my dad bought for $150.00, and I need some suggestions on what soap to use. After I do the carpeting, I'm going to put the odorcide 210 down, and go from there. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that might make this easier or more well done?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Re: Shampooing Carpet

what is "power washing"?

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

pressure wash im guessing

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

You may find this surprising, but in all the years (too many to count) that I have rented those professional steam extractors, I have only used good old dependable Mr. Clean as the detergent. The soaps and "enhancers: and "sparkling cleaners" that they try and sell you at the same place you rent the equipment are all oil based ie; they actually ATTRACT dirt after the carpets have dried.

But not Mr. Clean. All you're left with is a nice clean smell - and boy, does it ever do the job!! In a pinch, I've also used any product with Oxy in it - for the same, straight detergent result. I've used this on indoor carpets, indoor/outdoor carpets, car upholstery, car carpets, floor mats, you name it.

Just make sure it gets a chance to be good and dry before you walk on it again.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Windex is another fairly decent product for breaking down oils. But I wouldn't use it on dark colors or something that might not be color-fast. I'll try Mr. Clean next time. That carpet shampoo gets expensive.

My recollection is that Cadillac floor mats have a rubber backing. I wouldn't suggest putting that in a clothes dryer. I'd blot them dry with towels, then put them in the sun on asphalt, checking them every 30-60 minutes.

But maybe yours aren't that old.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re; the rubber-backed floor mats, after they've had the extraction process, I just go back over them with the handheld wand, using the vacuum ONLY, no soap - it does a fairly decent job of sucking any errant liquid back up into the machine and the drying time becomes a bit of a non-issue after that.

I know that you are SUPPOSED to do that final step (go back with vac, NO soap) after each pass with the wand, but in the interests of speeding things up and if it is a nice, warm day, I'll just leave the windows rolled down and let nature dry everything for me. Love that freshly cleaned scent after an extraction!!!

92EldoTC is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex:'92 ETC 4.9 Current:'91 Sedan Deville 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    But not Mr. Clean. All you're left with is a nice clean smell - and boy, does it ever do the job!! In a pinch, I've also used any product with Oxy in it - for the same, straight detergent result. I've used this on indoor carpets, indoor/outdoor carpets, car upholstery, car carpets, floor mats, you name it.

Just make sure it gets a chance to be good and dry before you walk on it again.
    I just used the armor all carpet cleaner with oxy and it did a great job on getting out the dirt stains that shampooing wouldnt even remove.

Just sprayed, let it sit about 4 minutes and wiped.
    Carpet looks almost like new again.
    I got to use a whole bottle to do all the acessible carpet space in the car.
    Later

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL

I just shampooed the Seville on Sunday. I have a Bissell Little Green Clean Machine that I use. I bought it about 10 years ago, and it does a sweet job. Just mix the solution, put it in the machine, spray solution on the carpet, scrub the carpet, vacuum out the dirt. Very easy, and very quick. It took me about an hour. The carpets look like new.

Don

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Make sure you use fabric rinse (available at a janitorial supply store) it will neutralize the cleaners so you don't get mold and bacteria in the carpet. gary

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.