How to wax black
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How to wax black in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I would like to know the order to use these products? I have Four Star clay bar swirl mark remover ...
    GIO
    GIO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade (stolen)

How to wax black

I would like to know the order to use these products?
    I have Four Star
    clay bar
    swirl mark remover
    paint clenser
    paint protection (wax)

I also have paint protection spray (when do I use this)
    Should I use the clenser & wax by hand or use a polisher?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

Re: How to wax black

when you want a seirous cleaning and protecting

1.Hand wash
    2. Clay
    3 Hand wash to remove residue
    4. Paint cleaner
    5. Paint Polish
    6. SYNTHETIC POLYMER sealant

oh yea i have a black DTS

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

quick question, I clay bar using the mothers system with the quick detailer as lube, and then I just wipe it off with microfiber which leaves no residue, so why do I need to wash again after?

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Benzilla, the only reason I go back over the car with a mild rewash (very little soap, mostly hot water) and strong rinsing is to ensure that there is no residue left from either the claybar itself or any errant specks of dirt that may have fallen by the wayside - even with a microfibre towel, those little dirt particles can so easily scratch the soft clearcoats we have today. It only takes an extra 5-10 minutes and that's not so long for peace of mind.

Not trying to sound like a commercial for anyone, but out of all the products that I've used over the decades to try and make a painted surface as shiny as possible with a minimum of time and effort, the Champ (so far for me, at least) are the products that Turbomangt sells thru his website - they truly are wipe-on-wipe-off.

When I had my showcar, I would spend 2 days getting it ready for the arena - going thru so many steps of Meguiar's products that it'd make my head spin at times - just to get to the level that Turbo's products can attain in less than 20 minutes. And that is for the entire car.

Quick question and one I've been meaning to throw up on this board for response: How many times a year do people clay their cars? I know that it is dependent on driving conditions, seasons and geographical location,but just on an average is it twice a year? 3 times? 4?

i mean you can do it as long as the bar is still sueable, But id do it prolly about 5 times a year...Im very anal about my paint...I keep an exterior duster in my trunk and make sure that if anyone leans on my car they slide off of it

5 times, eh? I usually give it 3 clay jobs - once in the spring and then once again at the beginning and at the end of Summer.

We could be twins in some respects - I keep a California Duster in the trunk and give it a quick wipe down in the morning before heading off to work - also keep it covered when it is in my laneway during pollen season.

Ain't it funny how a nice, well kept paint job can suddenly become an ASS-MAGNET for some people? It boggles the mind how some morons seem to think that you car was created to be a pseudo easy chair for their fat arses.

You also ened to respect that its a piece of art and innovation on wheels, not to mention it was 53K dollors new...Why would you not take care of it...

GIO
    GIO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 escalade (stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo47
    when you want a seirous cleaning and protecting

1.Hand wash
    2. Clay
    3 Hand wash to remove residue
    4. Paint cleaner
    5. Paint Polish
    6. SYNTHETIC POLYMER sealant
    Dose Four Star make a synthetic polymer sealant or what do you use?
    Do you do it by hand or with a polisher?
    How about the swirl mark remover would I need it doing everything you say?
    Thanks for your time!

no you wont need it...you can clean and polish in one step if you go to eprfectautofinish.com and order the products....the sealant is synthetic and will make your car achieve a look youd otherwise never be able to....heres a pic of my hood after using the perfect autofinish paint cleaner/polish and then the sealant

keep in mind my hood is far from perfect with so many scratches and chips i wanted to get it repainted..

heres the pic
    Attached Images

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Not bad, but it looks as you have minor swirls. I could be wrong though, since the pic may not do the car justice. I hear claying should be done 2 times a year, but yes like it was said before, it may depend on where u live and where you tend to park it. You might get some paint overspray if you park it near a construction area, and that sorta thing, so claying is needed as much as your car may need it.

I can't see any swirls, but then again, I've been wearing glasses since 1963. Black is probably the best colour for Caddys - and most other cars - but their upkeep is far more intense than most others. They show everything: swirls, checks, micro scratches, waterspots and that is just on the surface! Ask Turbomangt sometime - he'll corroborate the black car level of upkeep.

If there has been any auxilliary bodywork done to a black car (other than the manufacturer's), it had better be of the utmost quality, because black will show every dip and swerve, every dimple, every pimple,,,in short, EVERYTHING! Go and sight down the side of a large panel on a black car sometime - you'll see what I mean.

But when it is done right and the sun shines down on a multi-level detailing job, splaying across those perfect, gleaming ebony flanks, well, shucks, that's just too pretty for words!

I salute anyone who knowing all of the above, still goes for a black car. Because they will be the ones putting the hours and hours into the upkeep of that set of wheels.

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Tell me about it...Black Eldo, Black Deville...

I'm working on the Deville right now, and it's even more of a challenge than the Eldo was. 135K miles of New Jersey roadways have manifested themselves by literally hundreds of sand and grit specks in the front hood area, about 30 rock chips around the car that range from 2 to 4 mm in size, at least five lengthy ( > 1" ) scratches along body panels, and one big ass gouge in the roof that I don't know WHERE it came from.

I'm going ALL synthetic with the Deville, just to see what comes of it. Washed at the local C/W because my water is 95% iron, then brought it home to go over with a spray of 10% Denatured alcohol. Then Sonus Clay. Then DNA again to remove residue. Poorboys SSR 2.0. Sonus SFX3 to polish and prep the paint. One coat of Duragloss Aquawax on so far, it looks pretty good. Had a good rain last night, for the first time on about a month. Here's what it looks like right at this minute. Talk about beading....first pick is the other day after the front end got Duragloss..

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the correct address for my web site is www.perfectautofinish.com someone typed it incorrectly. if you want superior results, try my stuff, all pro grade, easy to use, stunning results and long protection. the steps you need to do are;
    hand wash/clay/wash again/ deepclean polish/ seal
    use the right materials, waffle weave towels for drying are a must, two bucket method for washing, chanelli mitts, no sponges of any kind. gary

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.