Sometimes You Just Gotta Show the World Your Deville's Got a Little Extra "GRUNT"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Sometimes You Just Gotta Show the World Your Deville's Got a Little Extra "GRUNT" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ,and these Magnaflows and stainless steel rockers should do the trick - especially seeing as how this is the view ...
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Sometimes You Just Gotta Show the World Your Deville's Got a Little Extra "GRUNT"

,and these Magnaflows and stainless steel rockers should do the trick - especially seeing as how this is the view most other drivers will see as I pull away from them on the freeway.

Another forum member came by yesterday and helped me out muchly, in putting those stainless pieces on - my nerves were Jello by the 2nd piece, fer chrissakes! As anyone who's put these on knows, once they're attached, ain't nothin' in the world short of dynamite (and even then, I kinda have my doubts) will take them off.

Now all that's left to install are those 2002 chrome cadillac rims, shod with the old "mustard 'n mayo" Vogues - compliments of Cardio Doc. They should be on the car by next weekend if the UPS Gods are shining on me..

Thanks again Brougham, for all your hard work and of course, the use of that big-ass digital camera - it shows!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

timothyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 FWB d'Elegance, 92 deVille, 93 Seville, 06 DTS

Re: Sometimes You Just Gotta Show the World Your Deville's Got a Little Extra "GRUNT"

in as much as i am not a deville fan, that looks great, and i am sure it will look better with the new wheels and vogues (and i also think vogues are an over-statment in most case)
    Hope that didn't come ou as negitive, i just think cadillac lost its presiege in some of its designs; its nice to see that someone knows how to ake it look classy without just trying to cover it

Re: Sometimes You Just Gotta Show the World Your Deville's Got a Little Extra "GRUNT"

Thanks Timothy - I was a bit concerned after I got the stainless rockers, just how they'd come off looking on this car - but since the car is a silvermist colour, they hardly show at all - just very subdued.

And as for the magnaflow system, my main caveat to the garage that ordered/installed them was to make damn sure that I didn't have those 4.5 inch pipes hanging too far out in the sunshine, throbbing like some prepubescent weenie everytime I goosed the throttle.

I've seen that too many times on,,,, shall we say,,,cars of the Asian Persuasion. I wanted them kept good and tight against the backend, with no more than a 1/4 inch gap between the pipes and valence, and sticking out no farther than 1 inch past the leading edge of the valence. A top down view, or side shot will tell the tale.

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Funny you mention the "prepubescent weenie"... I was driving through the little downtown area where I live and I saw a mits eclipse (mid-late 90's) with a tailpipe sticking out of the muffler about 10 inches. An EASY 6 inches past the bumper.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Youre welcome Frost. The chrome door bottoms look good but you gotta put up one of the pictures with my car in it It was a nice way to spend a saturday!!

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I'm in love with that Deville. very classy. makes me miss my '96.

Sorry Brougham, the one pic I took of your car is too chewy to put up - I'll have to burn a roll or two the next time we get together for a Saturday detailing session.

Thx Benzilla, for your kind words. I was torn between getting a '96 and this '97. I like the '96 body lines - a bit more angular than the '97/99s, which gives the appearance of being slightly larger - and it may very well be. I haven't taken a tape measure around one lately!

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

I think their almost exactly the same size, the only thing I can see that would really change anything would be the front bumper which is slightly more pointed.

yeah, i think it is the color and rocker combo that makes it look so right...and the pipes are subttle enough that its not trying to be something its not, it just make the statment "silly ricer; big boys have V8's) as you pass the wiennie of the "asain persuasion"
    this was not meant to offend anyone of the asain decent...if you are reading this you either do have taste and style, or are on the way to recovery

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

haha well your out in cali, most ricers out here are confused white children...

michael96 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville (42K) 2000 DTS (32K)

Yours looks great, heres a pic of mine. I love the stainless panels too

tombo,
    yes i am in cali
    yes i am white
    no i cant dance
    no i cant rap
    i eat steak and potatoes
    my caddy eats rice
    and we both like good old fashion detroit muscle

i for one am not confused about much
    nuff said

You know,Michael, we might just be starting a bit of a trend here - Big-Ass Devilles with tastefully executed performance exhaust systems. You were first, I'm second, who's gonna be the lucky third one?

There is someone on here who has an '88 Deville and he installed a true, dual exhaust system - and it looked terrific! Certainly more "OOOOMPH" than the stock '88 system.

Timothy nailed it: The look is to be one of subtle quality and quiet acknowledgement of the V-8's superiority over the 4 bangers. I think your car meets those qualifications.

TripleblackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '95 Eldorado black on black

The chrome looks amazing on that thing. Nice job.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.