Carpet Shampooer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Carpet Shampooer in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Good Investment for side work? I got a shopvac and an array of products...home depot didnt have a shampooer for ...
    Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

Carpet Shampooer

Good Investment for side work? I got a shopvac and an array of products...home depot didnt have a shampooer for me so id like to ask the experts where to find one for a good price and of good quality

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Carpet Shampooer

The best way to clean carpet is with a carpet extractor or steam cleaner. I'm not a fan of shampoo cleaners. an extractor removes the dirt/chemicals from deep inside the fibers for the best cleaning. steam cleaning is also good. in both cases you remove the dirt into a receptor tank, a shampooer only moves the dirt around. Gary

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Agree wholeheartedly with "Old Poly-Breath" on this one - the extractor is the way to go. They're calling for rain all this long weekend up here and I plan to hit the Home Depot, pick one up and do both Caddys - after the domicile is done, of course. Can't let the little lady of the house down now, can I?

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

how much you think these will set me back

For a good one, probably around 400-500 bucks.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

i think my brother is gonna start work for kirby soon, do they have any good extractors/vac/etc

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Old kirby vacs are like tanks... they run forever. Not sure about their extractors though, haven't had any experience with those.

Me either - but Kirby has never made crap. so I would be comfortable getting something with their name on it,,,,,,

fullserviceman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham

kirby shampooer is crap. New commercial portable extractors are over $1000 you can find some on ebay cheap you want 100psi to effectively clean with that is if you plan on doing alot of interiors.

SoCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Arrow Re: Carpet Shampooer

EuroSteam just came out with this model:

http://eurosteam.com/catalog/index.p...35acc0b1edd42c

1stL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Base Deville

This is what I use to clean the house carpets and my cars with. I purchased it at Sears, but I think WalMart may sell them also. This one is the Deluxe model but the Plus model is just as good and is about $200.00. The only difference in the two is that the deluxe model has a (supposedly) power driven hand tool, which is too bulky to use in the car. There's also an Ultra model. They each have a hand tool for upholstery and it is perfect to do your car with. I've used several differnet kinds of these machines and this one is very user friendly and is by far the best at efficient cleaning. Use the Hoover solution, which can be purchased at WatMart for about $9.00. A friend of mine purchased Hoover's new model that heats the water. It is not user friendly, nor worth the extra price. Hopefully this will include a picture of the unit, if not it is called "SteamVac" by Hoover.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.