I need your advice TurbomanGt
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, I need your advice TurbomanGt in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I drive a '90 Brougham, light antelope on light antelope. It's a pretty common color combo for '90, but it ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I need your advice TurbomanGt

I drive a '90 Brougham, light antelope on light antelope. It's a pretty common color combo for '90, but it needs a little paint work. I have tan interior leather, and the vinyl top is in excellent condition. I was considering having it painted, because the paint has been stained in several spots, and my attemps at re-painting my rust-removal spots look like crap. How do you think she would look if just the body, not the molding or the vinyl roof were painted? I was thinking either black or dark green, cause I know green goes well with tan. Any thoughts? Maybe a nice tan pinstripe in there? What would your recommendation be? How do you think it would look with the molding and roof tan? It can survive without a paint job, but I'd like to give it one. Thanks!

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: I need your advice TurbomanGt

man, i know im not helping here, but that chrome is beautiful, especially the piece on the b pillars

Haha, thanks, the chrome is all pretty much mint, and I'd like to try and keep it that way. Have an opinion? What do you think I should do?

Brian

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would go with the stock color if it were me, from the pics she looks really nice, if those rust spots are bothering you, get a good body /paint shop to help you, chances are if you just do the lower body same color, if would be easier than changing. If you change color you will have to paint door jams, trunk and inside hood, cost will go up. Just my thoughts, Gary

By lower body do you mean below the pin stripe? Hmmm, that would be a lot cheaper than the whole body. Would it be very difficult to match the color, being champaign?

Brian

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You would be amazed at how easy it is to match colors now days. They have digital paint meters that analize the paint electronicaly. I once detail a beige 1988 Rolls, it needed some touch up, so I took the car to my body shop in 5 minutes they handed me a bottle of touch up that matched perfectly. Gary

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

sorry, this is sort of off topic, but I LOVE that picture of your caddy, I look at it, then look at the car next to it and it reminds me exactly why I have two Cadillacs lol. nice ride.

Thank you very much! It's nice to hear an appreciative comment!

Brian

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

i had a 1987 Fleetwood Brougham, and it was white with a blue top, Had it painted black pearl. Looked amazing. Black Goes with anything, but like anyone here will tell you, its a bitch. If you were goona go green, tell them to get caddy's paint code for "Polo Green". Thatd look phenominal with your tan interior. But if cost is your concern, dont do it because as you know the jambs and everything will need painting. Polo Green with that beie would look breat. Put a nice Tan pinstripe on the side to match your interior, and youd be set. Youd be surprised at how much more chrome you will notice on your car if tis painted a dark color.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.