$50 paint job....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, $50 paint job.... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Wow, I am serisouly considering this once I get my mothers '89 Brougham.... since that car is a flat grey, ...
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

$50 paint job....

Wow, I am serisouly considering this once I get my mothers '89 Brougham.... since that car is a flat grey, it would work well... but damn, I think I would start out with a fender or something and see how it goes.... still tho, this is pretty sweet....

The guy is 69chargeryeehaa a few posts down, he has made lots of replies with pictures.... 20 pages long, this is freakin sweet!

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...0&fpart=1&vc=1

$50 paint job using a brush and roller....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: $50 paint job....

Now that sounds frickin sweet. I might end up trying this on the 75, and if the paint on my Mark VIII isn't salvagable maybe that too.

A3D
    A3D is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Night Wolf links to an interesting thread about a paint called TREMCLAD, which is the brand of Rust-Oleum that is distributed and sold in Canada. Check out their web site here for more information.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL

I did not read the entire thing, but it brought back a memory. In '93, I was delivering furniture for a living. I was changing jobs, so I had to remove the decals off of my truck. The decals removed the paint also. So since I needed to do some sanding, I figured I'd put a "cheap" paint job on it. I used a friends electric spray gun, and about four gallons of rustoleum white. I didn't thin it, I just layed it on. Except for where it ran in some spots, it came out pretty nice. Not pro quality by any means, but it accomplished what I was doing. Cost was about $80.00. Beat spending $1,000.00 for a real paint job.

Don

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Oh, and by the way, that Charger looks awesome. I will be picking up some rustoleum, in a spray can, spraying something, and buffing it out. Just to see how shiny I can get it. I also want to see if real auto clear will stick to it.

Don

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.