Cadillac Owners Forum banner
12K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  AirJigga25 
#1 ·
What percent window tinting to you guys have and what do you think would look the best on a red 96 sts? Thanks

#6 ·
ProfX said:
I agree. I have 20% (3M carbon black), on my Fleetwood and on a dark night it's a little too dark. During the day though I really like it. Made the car look killer too! Black, black, black. D.
is there a link where we can find the laws of specific states on window tint and what your're allowed to have?

I want to get mirror tint because my new car is silver.

#8 ·
I got 5% front and back, i like the dark look but it is a bitch when you are reversing or turning in dark areas at night. i got a red 86 caprice that im thinking about getting red tint all the way around but not sure cuz i might be doing too much

#9 ·
Hi everyone, got my car back about a week ago. Went with 35% Llumar window film. (charcoal grey, 3 year warranty) The lady who runs the tinting shop had the exact same year and color seville as me and steered me away from the 20%. When it is parked in the garage or it is getting dark out, the windows look pretty dark. When it is outside during the day it is perfect. Here in wi, it is ok to have 35% on the back window, back sides but the fronts should be no more than 50%, so I am only too dark on the front sides. Hopefully I will have no problems from this. It is very clear from the inside looking out. I will try to get some pictures up soon, really adds a lot to the look of this car I think. Next up, 18" chrome wheels, any suggestions? Jim

#12 ·
I've got 27 all around on mine. It's a little too light for my taste, but it's probably the bare minumum for good visibility all around. I got metallic tint, as well, so it's impossible to see in during the day (a little bit of reflection), and at night it's real hard.

At some point I'd like to get 15-20.

G
#13 ·
AirJigga25 said:
please double check anything you see on here. it is NOT ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NEW JERSEY STATS DO NOT REFLECT MV CODE FROM TITLE 39, which is the body of governing laws relating to motor vehicles. it is partly correct, but not entirely, which gives me pause to trust it on ANY of the other states.

new jersey windshield tinting law states that 20% of the FRONT WINDSHIELD MAY BE TINTED. mirror tint is SPECIFICALLY forbidden in new jersey as well. in this case the "year" column on this page must be when the laws were referenced.

rockin 10% limo front to back. I LOVE IT. if you're that afraid to drive with a little reduced visibility, then why do you even take your cars out at night?

to be fair, i live in the suburbs, and my business does business with most of the local town's law enforcement and public works departments, so they know my car. limo's not a good idea if you travel or live near urban areas. besides not being able to see out, NOBODY's seein in. and it could get ya shot!

#14 ·
I Like Mine.....

#17 ·
ok, with that link to that website, exactly how dark is "dark" and "medium" according to them?

I live in NY, and for the back window, and back sides (Coupe) I choose "dark" and for the front sides I choose "medium" I am not geting it now, but in the Spring I will be....

...... my father has a '99 GTP, and he has like the lightest tint on it, and when i said I want to tint the windows ont he DeVille, he is like, oh nonononono you have to get the lightest or you'll be pulled over all the time blah blah, I am like, it's an old school Caddy, and mediumish will not be bad, he is like don't say i didn't warn ya...... I want like 30-35% but what is the medium and dark on that site?

Also for NY is says the limit is 70% for front sides, and any for back..... isn't 70% alot lighter then 35 (let's 70% of light thru) so I don't understand that...

#18 ·
Night Wolf said:
Also for NY is says the limit is 70% for front sides, and any for back..... isn't 70% alot lighter then 35 (let's 70% of light thru) so I don't understand that...
Yes. It's a measure of how much light goes through. 10% means 10% of the original light makes it. 70% means that much light. Thus, lower = darker.

#19 ·
Ive got 15-20 percent on my Deville, and never had any trouble with it. It keeps the car cool in the summer and looks dark from the outside, but is fine when driving at night.

One note of caution: I got pulled over once and the cop mentioned it was slightly illegal in NY but didnt bust me for it

Adam

#20 · (Edited)
I got 12, 13 or 15% on mine all the way around and been told several times by state troopers, HPD and UHD cops to get it redone. THey all can KISS MY PUERTORICAN ASS. They check it with this machine that slides down on the window and tells the percentage. I've gotten three tickets at $75-80 each. I am not proud of this by any means but im getting at the fact you have to watch yourselves. They cant stand to see a 22 year old with a nice car. Well i actually bought it in OCT. of 2002, so i was about 20. Its got vouges and a classic grille on the front but no rims and the system can really only be heard in the inside. I live in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS. In Houston to be exact and the cops down here are a BITCH!!!! So watch out if you ever come my way.

#21 ·
Gomeo001 said:
I got 12, 13 or 15% on mine all the way around and been told several times by state troopers, HPD and UHD cops to get it redone. THey all can KISS MY PUERTORICAN ASS. They check it with this machine that slides down on the window and tells the percentage. I've gotten three tickets at $75-80 each. I am not proud of this by any means but im getting at the fact you have to watch yourselves. They cant stand to see a 22 year old with a nice car. Well i actually bought it in OCT. of 2002, so i was about 20. Its got vouges and a classic grille on the front but no rims and the system can really only be heard in the inside. I live in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS. In Houston to be exact and the cops down here are a BITCH!!!! So watch out if you ever come my way.
ha ha ^^^^ This Rican is bad ass...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.