Window tinting percent
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Window tinting percent in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What percent window tinting to you guys have and what do you think would look the best on a red ...
    dugansz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Window tinting percent

What percent window tinting to you guys have and what do you think would look the best on a red 96 sts? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Window tinting percent

I've got 20 percent on my car.. You can still see through during the day, but at night it's pretty difficult.. Any lighter than this, Ithink it's kind of a waste. I never get pulled over for it. It's not very dark...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have 30% on my Escalade, it's slightly lighter than the rear factory windows, but any darker was just too dark for me.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

20% on my silver DTS. like the guy before me said...u can just kinda see through it a little bit in the day, but at night its dark. ive never gotten pulled over for it.

ProfX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I agree. I have 20% (3M carbon black), on my Fleetwood and on a dark night it's a little too dark. During the day though I really like it. Made the car look killer too! Black, black, black. D.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by ProfX
    I agree. I have 20% (3M carbon black), on my Fleetwood and on a dark night it's a little too dark. During the day though I really like it. Made the car look killer too! Black, black, black. D.
    is there a link where we can find the laws of specific states on window tint and what your're allowed to have?

I want to get mirror tint because my new car is silver.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

STS_spinnin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got 5% front and back, i like the dark look but it is a bitch when you are reversing or turning in dark areas at night. i got a red 86 caprice that im thinking about getting red tint all the way around but not sure cuz i might be doing too much

dugansz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi everyone, got my car back about a week ago. Went with 35% Llumar window film. (charcoal grey, 3 year warranty) The lady who runs the tinting shop had the exact same year and color seville as me and steered me away from the 20%. When it is parked in the garage or it is getting dark out, the windows look pretty dark. When it is outside during the day it is perfect. Here in wi, it is ok to have 35% on the back window, back sides but the fronts should be no more than 50%, so I am only too dark on the front sides. Hopefully I will have no problems from this. It is very clear from the inside looking out. I will try to get some pictures up soon, really adds a lot to the look of this car I think. Next up, 18" chrome wheels, any suggestions? Jim

TimsToy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey Jim,

Where in WI. are you? I'm in Mineral Point which is S.W.

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

I'm either 15, or 10 all around. It's not exactly legal. Admittedly tough to see out the sides at night, but that's fine. During day or noight, it's tough to see in. Which is how I like it.

banstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've got 27 all around on mine. It's a little too light for my taste, but it's probably the bare minumum for good visibility all around. I got metallic tint, as well, so it's impossible to see in during the day (a little bit of reflection), and at night it's real hard.

At some point I'd like to get 15-20.

os101king Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25
    please double check anything you see on here. it is NOT ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NEW JERSEY STATS DO NOT REFLECT MV CODE FROM TITLE 39, which is the body of governing laws relating to motor vehicles. it is partly correct, but not entirely, which gives me pause to trust it on ANY of the other states.

new jersey windshield tinting law states that 20% of the FRONT WINDSHIELD MAY BE TINTED. mirror tint is SPECIFICALLY forbidden in new jersey as well. in this case the "year" column on this page must be when the laws were referenced.

rockin 10% limo front to back. I LOVE IT. if you're that afraid to drive with a little reduced visibility, then why do you even take your cars out at night?

to be fair, i live in the suburbs, and my business does business with most of the local town's law enforcement and public works departments, so they know my car. limo's not a good idea if you travel or live near urban areas. besides not being able to see out, NOBODY's seein in. and it could get ya shot!

156MPH is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Window tinting percent

I Like Mine.....

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by 156MPH
    I Like Mine.....
    But I do not see any glasses on your wife?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.