Window tinting percent - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Window tinting percent in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by TimsToy Hey Jim, Where in WI. are you? I'm in Mineral Point which is S.W. I live ...
    dugansz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Window tinting percent

Quote Originally Posted by TimsToy
    Hey Jim,

Where in WI. are you? I'm in Mineral Point which is S.W.
    I live in Sun Prairie, near Madison. How about all this snow for a change?//!!

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

ok, with that link to that website, exactly how dark is "dark" and "medium" according to them?

I live in NY, and for the back window, and back sides (Coupe) I choose "dark" and for the front sides I choose "medium" I am not geting it now, but in the Spring I will be....

...... my father has a '99 GTP, and he has like the lightest tint on it, and when i said I want to tint the windows ont he DeVille, he is like, oh nonononono you have to get the lightest or you'll be pulled over all the time blah blah, I am like, it's an old school Caddy, and mediumish will not be bad, he is like don't say i didn't warn ya...... I want like 30-35% but what is the medium and dark on that site?

Also for NY is says the limit is 70% for front sides, and any for back..... isn't 70% alot lighter then 35 (let's 70% of light thru) so I don't understand that...

banstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    Also for NY is says the limit is 70% for front sides, and any for back..... isn't 70% alot lighter then 35 (let's 70% of light thru) so I don't understand that...
    Yes. It's a measure of how much light goes through. 10% means 10% of the original light makes it. 70% means that much light. Thus, lower = darker.

75pimpdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ive got 15-20 percent on my Deville, and never had any trouble with it. It keeps the car cool in the summer and looks dark from the outside, but is fine when driving at night.

One note of caution: I got pulled over once and the cop mentioned it was slightly illegal in NY but didnt bust me for it

Adam

Gomeo001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got 12, 13 or 15% on mine all the way around and been told several times by state troopers, HPD and UHD cops to get it redone. THey all can KISS MY PUERTORICAN ASS. They check it with this machine that slides down on the window and tells the percentage. I've gotten three tickets at $75-80 each. I am not proud of this by any means but im getting at the fact you have to watch yourselves. They cant stand to see a 22 year old with a nice car. Well i actually bought it in OCT. of 2002, so i was about 20. Its got vouges and a classic grille on the front but no rims and the system can really only be heard in the inside. I live in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS. In Houston to be exact and the cops down here are a BITCH!!!! So watch out if you ever come my way.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Gomeo001
    I got 12, 13 or 15% on mine all the way around and been told several times by state troopers, HPD and UHD cops to get it redone. THey all can KISS MY PUERTORICAN ASS. They check it with this machine that slides down on the window and tells the percentage. I've gotten three tickets at $75-80 each. I am not proud of this by any means but im getting at the fact you have to watch yourselves. They cant stand to see a 22 year old with a nice car. Well i actually bought it in OCT. of 2002, so i was about 20. Its got vouges and a classic grille on the front but no rims and the system can really only be heard in the inside. I live in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS. In Houston to be exact and the cops down here are a BITCH!!!! So watch out if you ever come my way.
    ha ha ^^^^ This Rican is bad ass...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.