1982 Cadillac Deville accessories?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, 1982 Cadillac Deville accessories? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 1982 Caddillac deville with odd accessories and need some help. It is Deisel. #1 It has a ...
    jfiscus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1982 Cadillac Deville accessories?

I have a 1982 Caddillac deville with odd accessories and need some help.

It is Deisel.

#1 It has a RACOR 'fuel water seperator' that says it needs to be checked daily. For what does it need checked? where and how do you check it?

#2 It has an immense gas tank, It has gone down to 1/4 tank and when i refuel it it takes 21-22 gallons (at 1/4 tank) what size tank could it possibly have?

#3 It has an extra 12gal gas tank in the trunk (in addition to the tank mentioned above!) No question about how to work it, just has anyone else ever heard of that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mnymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS
    Well I would take a guess at you having a 30 gallon tank if you have a 1/4 tank left and it still takes 22 gallons or so to fill it up. Unless my math is wrong. Im not sure of answers to questions #1 or #3 but thats my guess for #2 based on the information provided in the post.

Was this car customized to have these parts/accessories you mentioned in #1 and #3 or is that from the factory (never heard of that)?

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special
    #2: Diesel Devilles had a 26 gallon tank in '82

jfiscus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm not sure whether the Fuel seperator came from the factory or not, I'd say that the 2nd fuel tank is after market though, but nicely installed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.