Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Rob_M 
#1 · (Edited)
Got My Windows Tinted Today - PIC'S

It looks too dark to me. I'm pretty sure I'll get pulled over sooner around here. I went 35% in the back and 50% in the front. The car is black so it looks even darker. I just wonder if I should leave the front on or take it off before they catch me. Heres the pics.... At night you cant even see in.

#3 ·
I dont think its legal though. I forget what it is in California. I rolled past 2 cops with all windows up on the way out of the shop. I thought it would look lighter. I forgot that the windows tint on their own a little during the day plus the car is black on black. It looks like a bat out of hell right now. :lildevil: I'll try to get a day time pic to show you guys.

#4 ·
Oh yeah, it's not legal. http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html I guess I'll see if I can get the 70. I dont mean to sound like a wimp but the last time I got pulled over in my Deville, the cop filled the chart up with violations. Even for stuff I was legit on too (no registration and insurance eventhough he was holding both.) When I went to court they made me pull it off in the parking lot and the only charge that stuck was the noise violation because I had subs in my trunk at the time.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm doing the same to mine this Saturday, but the codes in Washington like the skies are a bit grayer.

I'm going for max legal, the tinter must put a decal on the inner door post stating the level

to quote the RCW

A person or business tinting windows for profit who tints windows within restricted areas of the glazing system shall supply a sticker to be affixed to the driver's door post, in the area adjacent to the manufacturer's identification tag. Installation of this sticker certifies that the glazing application meets this chapter's standards for light transmission, reflectance, and placement requirements.

Hopefully that will be a "Get out of Ticket Free" sticker. If not they can bust this 41 year old old guy.

And you may want to check your regs at the state site for better accuracy, the WA regs differ from the ones listed on the site above the windows in back of the driver can be any tint level as long as you have external mirrors on driver and passenger sides quoting again...

all windows to the rear of the driver on such vehicles may have film sunscreening material applied that has less than thirty-five percent light transmittance, if the light reflectance is thirty-five percent or less and the vehicle is equipped with outside rearview mirrors on both the right and left.

#7 ·
I have had my 20% tints for 2 months now and have not been pulled over yet:

It really helps keep the car cool inside and protects the leather! :thumbsup:

#8 ·
You live in Miami where it's scortchin'! I remember I went there when I was younger and I tripped on how many people had their sides tinted.. Cops are a bit more anal out here because of the law. Nice ride. It looks like Dr. Death is gonna step out of it...:thumbsup: I might keep it for now until I get pulled over and just roll them down when I see a cop. I went lighter so that they won't trip as hard. The car looks much better with tinted windows. More stealthy!!!

#10 ·
Such nice cars guys!

Rob M, that is exceptionally clean for 152k miles!

96Fleetwood: Wow, what else can I say! You have probably the nicest modded FWB out there IMO. Triple black, astroroof, nice wheels...

#12 ·
Hey 01devilledts, haven't I seen that car on rank my ride?

#14 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Such nice cars guys!

Rob M, that is exceptionally clean for 152k miles!

96Fleetwood: Wow, what else can I say! You have probably the nicest modded FWB out there IMO. Triple black, astroroof, nice wheels...
Thanks! Yeah those are some nice rides guys. I probably will keep it until I get pulled over. I just need to keep my eyes open. THey go after anyone here. Thats why I did it lighter so that they could see in a little. 01devilledts, thats a pimp car dude! Are there any tint laws where you live or is it a showcar?

#15 ·
Rob_M said:
01devilledts, thats a pimp car dude! Are there any tint laws where you live or is it a showcar?
Thanks,

The law is 35% on the front two windows, and the back doesn't matter, as for the windsheild, in no state is it legal. :tisk: But i wored for a high end tint shop and found if you have a "note" from a dermatologist or eye doctor, that the uv was not good on your skin that it is an exception...:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.