How Much Value Does a Thorough Detailing Add ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How Much Value Does a Thorough Detailing Add ?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Let's say I brought my car back to a 'showroom' new finish (removing dents, chips, scratches, swirl marks, etc.). How ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How Much Value Does a Thorough Detailing Add ??

Let's say I brought my car back to a 'showroom' new finish (removing dents, chips, scratches, swirl marks, etc.). How much value do you think I'd gain? Would I make money on the investment to detail the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Not that much...But it helps sell the car! people are gonna pay what they're gonna pay but given the choice between a perfect one and one with blems, What would you do?

mnymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS
    I would agree with KC. As a buyer you know what you are going to max out at and pay, but if you walk upon a real cherry you might spring a few extra bucks for it over one that looks like every other car you have been checking out for the past 3 weeks. It will definately help you to sell it faster even if you don't get much more money.

But on the flip side you could get some sucka who hasn't done his or her research with very little time and too much money that might just dearly overpay for the thing because it looks tight.

Just my 2 cents...

PONCHO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Some people would pay more and others would just look at the book value not giving any regard to the overall detail.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Originally posted by PONCHO
    Some people would pay more and others would just look at the book value not giving any regard to the overall detail.
    My point exactly!

jerseyMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My view is that for the fairly modest investment for a good detailing job, it is well worth it prior to selling a car. I think most people will place high value on their first impression - what the car looks like! It also sends the message that the car is "taken care of" - assuming that mechanically everything is in order.

I have always detailed cars before selling them - almost always, the first person who looked - bought the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.