Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hate Cleaning Windows

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  ChicagoCTS32 
#1 ·
I hate cleaning my inside windows. Got any tips on making this easy and doing a nice job at the same time? :suspense:

#3 ·
Agree with Stoner product, but I also use a clay bar that is no longer any good for the paint, on my windows - they (claybars) still have pleanty of life left in them for that task, and the clay will remove anything that isn't glass - clean up afterwards with a shot of the Stoners, and you'll swear your windows have disappeared,,,,,,

#7 ·
Frost said:
Agree with Stoner product, but I also use a clay bar that is no longer any good for the paint, on my windows - they (claybars) still have pleanty of life left in them for that task, and the clay will remove anything that isn't glass - clean up afterwards with a shot of the Stoners, and you'll swear your windows have disappeared,,,,,,
So you use the clay bar on the inside of your windows, I have never thought of that. Does the clay bar actually show the dirt it picks up off the windows like it does the paint? I am really interested in something that does not smear the windows, it would be cool if the combo you mentioned works for me.

#9 ·
OK, I guess it's time to share some secrets the pro's use with you guys. Here is a formula for cleaning glass
Get some DeNatured Alcohol (at any hardware store, its cheap)
take a 32oz spray bottle and put 2-3 oz of the DNA in it fill with distilled water. This is what most pro's use that want effective glass cleaning without spending money on retail glass cleaners. always use the 2 towel method, the first towel will get most of the dirt, second will remove streaks and finish up nice. I know this works because windows was the weakest part of my detailing procedure. Gary

#12 ·
turbomangt said:
OK, I guess it's time to share some secrets the pro's use with you guys. Here is a formula for cleaning glass
take a 32oz spray bottle and put 2-3 oz of the DNA in it fill with distilled water. This is what most pro's use that want effective glass cleaning without spending money on retail glass cleaners. always use the 2 towel method, the first towel will get most of the dirt, second will remove streaks and finish up nice. I know this works because windows was the weakest part of my detailing procedure. Gary

Is that mix safe for tinted windows too?

Walter

#16 ·
turbomangt said:
If you guys haven't tried this yet... DO! It works great! $6 for a 32 oz can of denatured alcohol, $4.50 for 3 squirt bottles, $1.65 for a gallon of distilled water. I tried it on this Old Style (tm) beer mirror that was in a bar for about 16 years that I had cleaned about 6 times with regular ammonia glass glass and Gary's mix worked better in 1 time than the 6 of the other crap. Thanks Gary!

You can use the other squirt bottles for a number of different stuff. I used one for a concentrated car wash mixed with water for quick cleanings. Cleaned my wheels up great this afternoon and threw a coat of wax of them. SHINE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.