New interior opinions...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What to do with interior?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it stock... Use as near stock colors and designs as possible

2 66.67%
  • Customize it, with the suedeskin inserts...

1 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, New interior opinions... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As of late, I found someone (a friend of mine) who can hook me up with katzkin leather dirt cheap..... ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

New interior opinions...

As of late, I found someone (a friend of mine) who can hook me up with katzkin leather dirt cheap..... I get them at dealer cost, which will even beat even the cheapest trim shop with leather....

Basically what Im getting is a full new interior of all the seats.... Now he also said I can get whatever options I want...... What I was thinking about doing is getting the cream leather (nearly identical to what I have right now) and getting dark taupe suedeskin inserts.... Now, this suedeskin is much better than suede, as it wont get matted down and end up looking shiney like suede shoes do!!! I get the full 3 year warranty on this....

Setting aside cost (as it costs the same either way for me), would you keep it stock and go with the uniform color, or go with suedeskin inserts in any color....

The colors can be viewed at www.katzkin.com .... Click on interiors, and then click on colors.... Its all there....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New interior opinions...

I also want to mention that I can get any embroidery done for free... I was thinking about putting GOLDEN on it!

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    I also want to mention that I can get any embroidery done for free... I was thinking about putting GOLDEN on it!
    At the Mercedes Shop website, peole are absolutely fanatic about keeping their Benzes stock. I remember getting heat because I replaced the original Becker HU (not one of the best radios in the world) with an Alpine HU and CD changer. You'd have thought that I had desecrated the Mona Lisa

In my opinion, if you like the mod, if it will make you happier driving the car and if you don't have to get a second mortgage to pay for it...then go for it. At the end of the day it is not what we think, but how you feel that should make all the difference.

BTW...I like your Ferris Buehler pic. It is a great movie, especially the scenes involving the Red Ferrari, California Special....They are just so choice...if you can afford one, I highly recommend them....

Actually the quote is..... If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up....

I look surprisingly alike Ferris Bueller, so i figured id throw it on there......

I realize that its my choice, but Im just curious as to what others think..... ive had people say go for it, and other people say that you wont like it..... I just dont know .... I just dont wanna spend the money and then not like it!!!

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

WES,
    imo i would not do it just for money value. I would rather spend the money on perfomance things. or a down payment on an upgraded car. I spent 4k on my car. With the Homer equation i can only spend 1000 tops in all mods. I will be at that limit soon.
    but on the other hand that would look REALLY good. If i had the cash to dispose of then maybe

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

...I look surprisingly alike Ferris Bueller, so i figured id throw it on there......
    So what you are really saying is that you could go out with Sarah Jessica Parker and and she would not be able to tell the difference ???

Quote Originally Posted by JJhomer83
    WES,
    imo i would not do it just for money value. I would rather spend the money on perfomance things. or a down payment on an upgraded car. I spent 4k on my car. With the Homer equation i can only spend 1000 tops in all mods. I will be at that limit soon.
    but on the other hand that would look REALLY good. If i had the cash to dispose of then maybe
    Well see my interior already looks like hell (either the previous owner had a really fat ass or he used armor all, or something).... So I am going to get it replaced one way or another..... Everytime it gets sat on a new crack forms.....

I am more/less wondering if I should go suede or not......

Well see my interior already looks like hell (either the previous owner had a really fat ass or he used armor all, or something).... So I am going to get it replaced one way or another..... Everytime it gets sat on a new crack forms.....

I am more/less wondering if I should go suede or not......
    What is the price difference

None.... I just dont wanna spend the money and not like it....

So what your saying is that you can either go with suede or go with original. Are you getting leather seats? Are you doing everything in the int. how crazy are you going.

Yes, your statement is correct.... Basically, you go to katzkins website and I can get ANYTHING there all for the same price.....

My plan was to get the katzkin leather, and suedeskin inserts. I am just doing the seats, and im doing all of them.... I may decide to do door panels also, depending on how much that costs (vinyl).... Probably not though....

But, I wont complain if the kit I get comes with door panels and other stuff like that!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.