Cleaning carpet..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Cleaning carpet.. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My carpet has what I like to call "perma-stain" where its just dirty overall, no specific stains..... The sides near ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Cleaning carpet..

My carpet has what I like to call "perma-stain" where its just dirty overall, no specific stains..... The sides near the console are nice and white like its supposed to be, and the rest is like a dark tan.... it doesnt look terrible but it doesnt look good to me.....

My method of cleaning the carpet is as follows..... Pressure wash the carpet (yes carpet in the car, covering the dash and stuff with plastic),then vacuum, then spray with a cleaner (I used resolve last time), then scrub, then power wash, then vacuum with wet/dry vac... I was thinking about using a different cleaner, like maybe some dish soap, or even some 1/2 strength simple green.... This really bothers me...

Any suggestions.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: Cleaning carpet..

If you're talking about a removable floor mat, then yeah, I agree. On a 5+ yr. old car, that's probably the only way to get the dirt out.

I hope you weren't talking about taking a high-pressure hose INSIDE your car?

I've owned three Bissel "Carpet Machines." (white carpets and several bird dogs in the house make it a necessity.) About once every two years I'll use the hand attachment to the Carpet Machine in the car. For a really stubborn stain, I use Didi Seven. It's kind of a chemical bleach that comes in a toothpaste-like tube. You mix it with water and brush it in. I always rinse the carpet well and let it air-dry. I don't like to leave that shampoo odor behind if I can help it.

It's best to do this kind of thing on a dry, sunny morning. In my area, March and November are the best months because the humidity is usually very low, and the temperatures are over 60. Park in the sun with the windows cracked for several hours and your windows won't fog up.

Actually yes I was talking about pressure washing the carpet INSIDE the car.... WIth my wet dry vac it works just fine..... And it really doesnt spray stuff everywhere....

I think ill try one of those carpet cleaning machines.. Maybe next time we get our house carpet cleaned we could have them use their professional equipment on the car.....

Also, what I do to let it dry is just throw a fan in there....

Hopefully this picture helps.... Excuse the little nibbies everyhwere, thats my cheap floor mats that are going out the door in a few days (new OEM floormats!! Woohoo!) If you look closely, you can tell how the upper section is much cleaner than the lower section.... my goal is to get the lower section looking close to the upper section......
    Attached Images

Wes!!!!!

Wtf Is Wrong With The Colts?!?!?!?!!!!

DUDE I dont know they are broken or something....... They cant seem to do anything....

I thought we would win this game......! Not looking so good right now (7:40 in the 4th.)

That sux. This one's the defense's fault. You give up 31 at home you deserve to lose. Now they have to win next week to clinch the division, and it probably won't guarantee a 1st-round bye.

Oh well, looks like the Patriots are going to the Super Bowl. They'll have the home-field advantage, and nobody can beat them in Foxboro in January. Too damn cold.

(Just because I'm in Tennessee doesn't mean I'm a Titans fan.)

Hey! look at me! I"m a moderator hijacking a thread in my own forum!

So since your hijacking my thread, that must make you a thread terrorist.....

Lets get back on topic.....

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Back on topic it is. PRESSURE WASHER INSIDE THE CAR? You DO know theres wires under the carpet right? Not my first choice. (you were concerned about SafetyKleen?!) Anyway, is the perma-dirt symmeterical to the other side? if it is, it may be the way the carpet faded over the years. Next time you have your center console off, take a look and see how it matches up.

just so you know, my carpet has a rubber backing under it, so Im not at all worried... All of the water stays right on the carpet until I can sweep it up....

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

I guess thats OK as long as you watch the door sills carefully. (still can't picture this...) I suppose I can't really talk though. My trunk apparently has a leak, causing my school stuff to be frozen together in one big lump.

I wasn't worried so much about electronics getting damaged by the massive amount of water Wes introduced into his cabin.

What I worry about is mildew forming in the places the water goes that cannot be reached. The car's gonna stink if you're not careful.

Well see, thats why I 1) Use plastic to cover most everything up, 2) put a fan in the car overnight with the windows down (in a garage) to make sure it gets really dry.....

JohnnyLfromCT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had some small stains on the carpet on the floor in the back seat.

I diluted some water with Simple Green, & scrubbed those biatches right out with a sponge!

I dried everything with a cotton towel, & it all looks good as new.

Simple Green owns all of j00!

So simple green works good... What strength did you use???

JohnnyLfromCT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    So simple green works good... What strength did you use???
    About 1/3 a cup of S-green, & 4 cups of water.

It's just a little sudsy, & it got the stains right out.

The carpet is now just as plush as it was originally also!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.