Cleaning carpet.. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Cleaning carpet.. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by JohnnyLfromCT About 1/3 a cup of S-green, & 4 cups of water. It's just a little sudsy, ...
    JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Cleaning carpet..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLfromCT
    About 1/3 a cup of S-green, & 4 cups of water.

It's just a little sudsy, & it got the stains right out.

The carpet is now just as plush as it was originally also!
    My method is quite extreme.
    I first start out but dry vacing the whole interior.
    then i use a carpet cleaner that i bought in a small store (generic). and put that in a spray bottle and cover the whole carpet with a fine mist. Let it dry for about 10 minutes and then i scrub the hell out of the carpet and then i vac it again
    then i use simple green on the remaining dark spots
    then i vac again
    then i spray with febreeze and let it air dry overnight takes about 2 hours total.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've had good results with Resolve carpet cleaner...I do spots with Simple Green and then use the Resolve ( Per the instructions on the bottle ) The resolve cleaner smells kinda good too and works great on cloth seats BTW. Not trying to pick on you Wes....But! Pressure washing the inside of the car is NOT a good idea at all. The reasons are obvious to most of us.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I probably wont pressure wash next time (the washer is at my grandparents house).... KC, FYI I used resolve <liberally> and it didnt really do anything for me.. It made it slightly cleaner, but not what I was looking for..... I think Ill try the simple green.... Would there be any objections to using it full strenght (but sparingly, by misting).....

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I use it full strength ( and usually not sparingly ) It is activated by water though so it does need a little to work effectively. Resolve is not a good spot remover but it is a very good overall cleaner. ( If used correctly )

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

See I used the resolve and I used it liberally, and it didnt do a whole lot. Maybe I am asking too much.....

Next time it gets above freezing, Ill try the simple green.... That stuff, along with duct tape, are keys to sucess!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.