Son of a ....I done it again ....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Son of a ....I done it again .... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ok can someone tell me what the hell is "Carnuba Cleaner wax"? this is the 3rd thing of wax ive ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Son of a ....I done it again ....

Ok can someone tell me what the hell is "Carnuba Cleaner wax"? this is the 3rd thing of wax ive bought , and i later found out after i got home it too is "cleaner wax" .....

will this stuff be ok to use as wax ? whats the diffrence ?

i know we have some supporting vendors that deal in this area , what do you sell , how does it comapre to the mother cleaner wax i keep mistakenly buying ? i want regualr old carnuba wax in paste form , i want mothers ...but i cant seem to get away from "cleaner wax".....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Re: Son of a ....I done it again ....

Cleaner wax is not a bad thing. Over time, your paint will build up a film, that will mostly go unnoticed. Regular washing doesn't remove it. The cleaner wax will remove this build up, and you will see nice glistening paint. When you wax with the cleaner wax, look at the applicator, after applying a few square feet. That blackish grey residue, was just removed from your paint surface. It is like doing a two step process, in one step. A sort of lazy mans way to wax. It works fine. The cleaner wax probably only lasts about 2 or 3 washings though. So if you want to keep a wax cover, you need to apply often.

Don

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac
    Cleaner wax is not a bad thing. Over time, your paint will build up a film, that will mostly go unnoticed. Regular washing doesn't remove it. The cleaner wax will remove this build up, and you will see nice glistening paint. When you wax with the cleaner wax, look at the applicator, after applying a few square feet. That blackish grey residue, was just removed from your paint surface. It is like doing a two step process, in one step. A sort of lazy mans way to wax. It works fine. The cleaner wax probably only lasts about 2 or 3 washings though. So if you want to keep a wax cover, you need to apply often.
    Don
    that makes sense ....it turns out then im waxing at about the right times ...bout every 3 weeks

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do notuse use a cleaner wax on a car you care about. Cleaner wax contains 90% abrasives, and less than 10% wax. So all you are doing to applying an abrasive to your clear coat, which if done repeatedly will cause the clear coat to not only wear down, but lose its shine/depth and reflectivity. That is why cleaner wax sells so cheap. Claying should be done first, then use a "mild" paint cleaner like the one on my web site, then follow up with a synthetic sealant, to protect and promote the shine. Gary

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    Do notuse use a cleaner wax on a car you care about. Cleaner wax contains 90% abrasives, and less than 10% wax. So all you are doing to applying an abrasive to your clear coat, which if done repeatedly will cause the clear coat to not only wear down, but lose its shine/depth and reflectivity. That is why cleaner wax sells so cheap. Claying should be done first, then use a "mild" paint cleaner like the one on my web site, then follow up with a synthetic sealant, to protect and promote the shine. Gary
    Gary when I finish my car I've gotta get some of your products and try this stuff that you talk about. I love your very informative posts on detailing.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    Ok can someone tell me what the hell is "Carnuba Cleaner wax"? this is the 3rd thing of wax ive bought , and i later found out after i got home it too is "cleaner wax" .....
    will this stuff be ok to use as wax ? whats the diffrence ?
    i know we have some supporting vendors that deal in this area , what do you sell , how does it comapre to the mother cleaner wax i keep mistakenly buying ? i want regualr old carnuba wax in paste form , i want mothers ...but i cant seem to get away from "cleaner wax".....
    Most over the counter wax products are cleaner waxes, they are fine for the people that "wax" their cars every 2-4 years because they offer abrasives and cleaners that will make the average car look better. People with new cars or people that really take care of their cars do not need a cleaner wax type product to use on a regular basis. Some of the non abrasive products you can use are Zaino, Klasse SG, Pinnacle and P21S. Synthetic "waxes" will oulast carnauba waxes 5 to 1 in durability.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.