OffthahorseCEO
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, OffthahorseCEO in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I posted the information you requested so you and other members car learn from it. I will also do this ...
    turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OffthahorseCEO

I posted the information you requested so you and other members car learn from it. I will also do this for you, since you don't have faith in internet shopping . Tell me exactly what detailing work you plan on doing with your car. (Interior/exterior) I will suggest what products you need, I will then ship the order to you, you can mail me a check after you recieve the order in good faith. It makes no sense for you to buy retail products of less quality when you can buy professional grade at wholsale. Let me know if you have questions after reading my steps, I tried to make it simple to understand. Thanks, Gary

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: OffthahorseCEO

thanks for your answers and your offer. however i wont even lie to you, right now im not financialy able to make any purchases, so i wouldnt want to accept your offer because im not sure when i would be able to send payment. but since you were trusting enough to extend the offer, i will return the favor and as soon as i am able to, i will place my trust in your site and send my order form along with payment.

one more question, exactly how big of a scratch can be "corrected" without repainting or paint touch-ups? i have a scratch on my trunk, its not deep or very wide but its pretty long.

thanks again for all the help and for your offer, and im sure more than one person will agree that its great to have you on this board doing what you do....

Martin

Martin; First lets consider the make up of multi-stage clear coat paint systems. On top of your metal is a primer coat which is usually white. thickness appx 3mils. Next you have your base coat or color coat, appx 4mils. Top layer is the clear coat (unpigmented paint) appx 3 mils. to give you an idea how thick 3 mils is, compare it to a piece of paper. That is how thick your clear coat is. So you can see how easy it is for a scratch to go through it. In most professional detail shops this is how we address a "line" scratch. Rule of thumb, if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail, its through the clear, so the best case is we can "improve" it. I talk in percentages when I evaluate a car. I can determine how much of a percent I can improve the mark. Paint leveling is done with a high speed buffer. We buff the walls of the scratch making it less noticeable to the eye. Many times if it is not too deep, it will disappear. In either case, I can usually blend it in pretty well. In your case I believe since it is not deep , it can be buffed out. Be careful who you go to as their are lots of "hackers" out there saying they are detailers. Here is a place you can look for a PDA certified detailer near you. I serve on the baord of directors and its a good place to start. www.detailersassociation.com click on country/state. Hope that helps you out. Gary

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    ................ I will suggest what products you need,.................. Thanks, Gary
    In my thread about the B pillars....(or whatever there called), thats all I was asking.
    I asked what can or could be done about it. I asked if there were any products and or process that would prevent that from happening over the extended life of my vehicle.

The reply you gave to me was
    I needed to buy your cleaner and your sealer.

I specifically asked about products.

The product that you recomended was yours.
    The one you use.

I want to know if its your product or someone elses.
    Why wont you state whos products you use ?

Im no where near Chicago.
    But if you can supply it to me cheaper, (with all the shipping and handling charges), than I can purchase it up here, then it would be a no brainer.

Why wont you tell us whos products you use ?

If you read the thread results with Meguiars #26 I DO state what companies are making my products. You asked me what works on the pillars? correct? I told you what works, my cleaner. It's probably cheaper than anything you can buy in a store near you anyway since I sell at wholesale. It makes no sense for me to endorse a product that I'm not sure will work. Their is no secret on who's products I use, Ardex/Auto Magic/Car-Brite to name a few. I will post another thread so you can gain some insight as to the difference on pro grade vs over the counter. Gary

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.