turbomangt
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, turbomangt in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; firstly id like to take this chance to welcome you to the board, which i hadnt done yet. the reason ...
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

turbomangt

firstly id like to take this chance to welcome you to the board, which i hadnt done yet.

the reason for this post is to ask your advice on detailing my deville, i noticed a dts on your website so im sure youve detailed at least one.

where do i start, in wat order do i go, what products do i use on what part of the car. please assume im completely clueless as to what dressing and conditioners are, as well as polish versus glazes versus sealer versus everything, heck lets just say im clueless to detailing, please break it down for me. also if you could,please give me a more readily attainable example of each item instead of (or along with) suggesting i use your products. im sure your products are top notch, but i have not completely built trust in internet purchasing etc so i need a comparable product that can be bought locally.

one of the major trouble areas would be the plastic door sills and especially the carpet, its supposed to be "shale" colored and is dirt free but is actually a brownish color

please respond, i dont doubt your skills at all, but after reading a few of your posts i can see there are some doubters on the board and some who would say that youre only here to promote your product.... so how about helping a board member out and shuttin some of the haters up (no offense to anyone)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: turbomangt

First of all let me say that the owner of this forum asked me to come on board to help members with detailing. I'm saddened if someone thinks my intention is to sell. I could stop selling tomorrow and it wouldn't effect my business. I sell because my customers want the same level of qaulity products I use in my shop, so i make it available. Plus, since I pay money to this forum to keep it running, do you not think its fair that I do sell? I spend hours answering questions to people all over the world, what is that worth? On to you questions. You are not the first person that is clueless on car care. That is why I started the first ever detailing clinics in the Chicago area, now I teach at colleges, Libraries, and car clubs. although the procedures are not rocket science, they are important to get right in keeping your car in top shape. I will post on a separate thread some tips on exterior detailing. YOu can always PM me with more questions if I don't get here in a timely fashion, since I run 5 other detailing forums. Gary

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

thanks for your reply, i want you to know that i have no problem wether you sell here or not, i agree with your sentiment, if you pay to support, and offer tons of advice, why not promote products? i simply mentioned that i had noticed some post from some mebers which suggested you should keep in the classifieds forums. id prefer if you didnt though, ill look at ads all day if i can get to some pertinent information, and even though ive learned a couple of things from this sections of cadillacforums,you seem like youd pay more attention here to anywhere else, as opposed to someone who might be in another section primarily and every so often stop in here. and i kno i definitely stay out of the classified sections.

plus noone can say they dont like to see the pics youve posted of cars youve detailed

thanks

Martin

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    . although the procedures are not rocket science, they are important to get right in keeping your car in top shape. I will post on a separate thread some tips on exterior detailing. Gary
    I thinks you should take your time in doing that so as to get it all down right.
    There should be no rushing in any details.
    Patience and knowledgable care is cruciall.
    Then once you are fully satisfied as to what to post......
    I feel it should be put up permanently as a sticky.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.