Best leather cleaner and conditioner? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Best leather cleaner and conditioner? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Perhaps routine cleaning is all the "conditioning" required? Or, you might consider using the same conditioning chemicals you regularily apply ...
    JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: Best leather cleaner and conditioner?

Perhaps routine cleaning is all the "conditioning" required? Or, you might consider using the same conditioning chemicals you regularily apply to your personal leather (as in your skin).

Disregard this comment if you are looking for a new leather, new car, aroma.

Jim

beemer2k is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

A leather customizer told me that the only thing he uses to clean is 100% mineral spirits and the only thing he uses to condition is mink oil. I found the mineral spirits at Murrays, but make sure it says 100% mineral spirits. I had an old SHO that I was trying to sell and one problem I had was getting the stains off the leather (don't ask). I tried maguires and blue coral - nothing. The mineral spirits and elbow grease licked those stains pretty good. The mineral spirits really dries out the leather, so be sure you condition soon after you use it. The mink oil gives the leather that soft showroom feel and look. You can find mink oil at a leather supply store, shoe repair, or just about anyplace they sell shoe polish. You can get a $5 tub of it that will last 2 years if you treat the leather once every 3 weeks in the summer. Yes, it is oil based. No, it will not stain your clothes unless you leave clumps all over the seats.

Fritzi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The armorall leather wipes that I have used before leave a film behind. I know that most cadillac dealerships use mink oil when they interior clean you r car and use it for showroom cars. I guess what I am looking for is something that will remove the stains the best. I have a neutral interior and my seats look horrible..what's the best for dirt removal

jealous57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have used Zymol (cleaner and conditioner) and eagle one leather conditioner (liked them both). I tried mothers or meguire once and the smell was terrible. (don't remember which it was though).

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Only question that remains is...how often should the leather be "serviced"? Whenever it gets dirty, yea, but if you cannot physically see it becoming dirty, about how often should you plan on a year/ month/ etc?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

It depends on how much dirt you get on your leather, a convertible will need more cleaning if you drive a lot with the top down, if you work construction you will need to clean your leather more, everyone is different, there maybe no "rule of thumb" to follow, you may need to clean your leather once a year or once a month.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I just do it when i get bored and think about it! I try to religiously do it every few months.....

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

I guess in my situation, 2-3 times a year sounds acceptable. It doesn't get very dirty, and I know this because everyone says..."your shit is cleannnnn". I dont get dirty, so the seats wont get too dirty is my guess. Hopefully that is enough to keep them as nice as possible.

CadillacNick is offline Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAMAIR57
    I read a post talking about alot of stuff on cleaning the leather, but alot of the products had to be ordered specially. I just want to run to the auto store for now and get the best styuff they have? Whats the best cleaner/conditoner combo or seperate cleaner conditoner that I can get at the store for now?
    Try Lexol Leatherb cleaner and Lexol Leather conditioner. They work great.

frankjr8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather wipes, smells and looks great. otc auto store.

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I second the Lexol system (cleaner and conditoner). It has worked wonders on every type of leather I have seen.
    -Lelo

smoothride is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: Best leather cleaner and conditioner?

lifter 1 comes in a spray foam can works great cleans and protecs smell like new car smell or should i say new leather smell.i have used it for about two years now keeps leather soft and is easy to use.

pzito is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAMAIR57
    Honestly, Im not as concerned with "cleaning" it; I am more concerned with the conditioning. I want it to look and feel all soft and buttery - like new again!
    eagle one makes a lotion i put on caddie and i used it on older cars it makes it so soft... Hit me up if you cant find some i will find it for you...

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

would u guys recommend the same stuff for a leather steering wheel and shift knob?
    thanx

I_Finally_Have_A_Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Wow, you just brought back a thread from over two years ago.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.