spokes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, spokes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was wondering if anyones Caddy had spoke rims here. I needed to know the owners opinion as I am ...
    tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

spokes

I was wondering if anyones Caddy had spoke rims here. I needed to know the owners opinion as I am planning on a set of 15" 100 spokes with some Cadillac knock-offs for the middle. Stayin with the standard Whitewalls, or vogues if i can find them for not too much. Opinons? How would it look on a '93 Sixty Special?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: spokes

It would look like somebody changed the wheels and the car no longer has the "right" wheels.
    To others it would look "Cool" ~
    But the only person who has to like it is **YOU**

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Well if you do want other people to like it, don't go too small if youre going aftermarket. Don't go much smaller than the stock size (maybe 1 inch but that's all). I think 15s are about the limit, any smaller and it looks rediculous.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

My Brougham has factory ones on it. They look nice but are a pain to clean. When you're sitting in traffic you see a lot of people looking at them.

Look on Autotrader.com for Fleetwoods or DeVilles to see if you can find any that someone added them on to see what they look like. I don't know if I'd like the way they look on it or not but I think 15 or 16" ones would look the best.

Fritzi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think spokes would look pimp on that year....DO IT!

Thanx everyone for the input...I'm planning on staying the same size with 15s...damn, cant sing TI-24's with everyone in the car. Gotta wait till spring around here though, so yea. If i had the next deville body style, no spokes. I think it would only look good because my Caddy is still kinda the boxed style. What about the vogues?

ETC
    ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think spokes look great on Caddies. I have 20 inch 150 spoke wheels to put on my 78 Coupe DeVille and Im getting a set of white powder coated sopoke 20 inch wheels with the chrome spinning spoke kit for my ETC. Ive got your hook up for wheels man. I own a custom shop and I can get you 15 inch wires for around 400 plus shipping. I can get you guys if you wanna buy in bulk 20 Boss wheels a set of 20 Knock off wiires and another set of Boss wheels for around 2700. Thats cheap Spinning wires are more expensive. My cost for a set of 22inch wire wheels with spinner kit is around 1100

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

ahhhh

I wanted to get '96+ STS wheels (16") for my '93 CDV.... I wanted to stay away from spokes becuase they have the pimp image....

.....but everyone is saying they look good.... I would want 16" 100spoke....

.... they are a pain to clean, I have the factory wire wheels over 15" steelies, the wheel covers are spoked, adn I hated cleaning them, but i bought Eagle 1 chrome wire wheel cleaner....omg, spray it on, then when washing the car run the high pressure on it, and it cleans EVERYTHING it will be crazy....

.... on the older style of my car, I think spokes will look *good* but I don't want to get the pimp thing going or have drug dealers tart coming up to me.... I want to hott-rod sleeper look.....although who will suspect the spokes?

lol, all my freinds and everyone I know ays I need to get the spokes.... I suppose it woudln't be TOO bad..... make alot more people realize it is not a grandpas car

BTW Tru, tell your friend with the Grand Am to go to:

www.gaownersclub.com

I am a regualr there aswell, it is one of THE best internet forums in general, adn a must for any GA owner.....

Just told my guy to join up at that Grand Am forum...Hes one of my computer science major fellow nerds, just like me! Yea, I was going to stick with 15" just because anything bigger and people might mistake me for a rapper/ basketball player/ drug dealer, and I don't really want that. I've just always been attracted to spokes, just like I'm attracted to beatiful, naked women.

ETC - does the price of $400 include tires also? or just the rims themselves....any knockoffs with that price?

Jacob Hoppe

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

yeah, the GAOC is a great place, even though I am selling my GA(s) I still hang out there (same name), the people there are just really cool, the whole setting is great etc....

....depending on where he/you live, maybe you can make the club meet? every year in Albany, this year was our first meet, Satu we go to LVD and race (hence my avatar) and Sun is a huge picnic at a state park where people eat, talk, look at everyones cars, clean their car etc.... check out the pics here:

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...threadid=12521

it is really wayy cool, I broguht the Caddy, there were a few other non GA and non Pontiac owners too.... I had told everyone here about it, but noone was interested

ok, sorry to steal the thread

I think 15" spokes look a little too small.... look at cardomain, there are some '91-'93 with differnt size spokes....

plus woudln't the 16" wheels make the car handle better?

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a set of 16” 100 spoke Daytons with 225/60/16 vogue tires the ones with the gold strip not the gold and white. I might sell them for $550 plus shipping. If you do buy wire wheels buy Dayton or Player. I have had trouble with other brands leaking air throw the spokes rust and the spokes bending.

550 plus shipping? That sounds like a great deal, but I have to wait till late jan/ feb. If you still got them then you think, I'll seriously consider. I was planning to buy some out of any of the vendors in lowrider magazine, and I was suprised at the difference for some local sellers. Wanted $600 without tires, for the standard 15" 100 spokes, I just like like, "Well, thankyou for your estimate", and left. About how much would shipping be from Jersey, you think?
    Jacob Hoppe

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special

Something you'll have to keep in mind is the clearance under those fender skirts. And you better not take those off bouncer:

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

4 wheels and tires are heavy so probaly $80-100
    Attached Images

Fender skirts coming off?!?! NEVER! Whatever I decide on, you can bet that those skirts will only come off if i get a flat!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.