spokes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, spokes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thats the price of the wheels only and they are knock offs. I have to look tomorrow and see what ...
    ETC
    ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: spokes

Thats the price of the wheels only and they are knock offs. I have to look tomorrow and see what tires will run you. Actually Player wheels suck too. If you like to run your Caddy like I do 7000 rpm shifts will loosen the spokes (they did on my palyer wheel-16inch) on a wire wheel thats not made good. The wires Im pricing on this thread has a 3 year warranty (same as Dayton but a lot cheaper). the best way to clean a wire is eagle 1 wire wheel cleaner and when you dry them buff Pledge(furniture cleaner) on the wires and lip. It puts a wax and shine on them.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

These are the only wire wheels I will put on my Caddy. Sturdy enough to take the beating a 500 V8 can dish out. Too bad they come only in 15 inches. Hope you don't mind me using your pic Ultra Slow.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

ok, speaking of the spokes:

my mothers '89 Brougham came with the 15" REAL wire wheels.... I seem to read alot that they are very rare, and expensive, well, they were taken off and have steelies with Oldsmobile wire wheel covers on them becuase "they get dirty fast" anyway, we still have those wheels, but I am thinking:

will the 5 bolt pattern wheels form a RWD Brougham fit my 5bolt pattern FWD DeVille?

they weigh a ton (probally more then the steel wheels) and are still 15" so I will not see any performance gains, but the fact that I will fact REAL wire wheels, Cadillac ones nonetheless (has the wreath and crest in the middle, they need to be cleaned though, really dirty) is just really cool.....

I would love to use them, as my search for new wheels next year woudl be over.... like I said, I will not get any performance/handeling improvments, but if they fit, I don't care...... woudl they fit?

Also howcome when buying wheels you gotta specify RWD/FWD....what is the differnce?

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

The Brougham ones won't fit. The difference between RWD and FWD rims is the offset. FWD rims have the centre part that has the bolt holes closer to the outside of the rim. Take a hubcap off yours and the Brougham and you will see what I mean. The bolt pattern is probably also different.

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Since we are on the difference between RWD and FWD wheels, anyone know the difference between the FWD and Standards?

509Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 fleet, 95 fleet, 59 impala

The differance between fwd rwd is the offset if you put rwd wheels on a fwd they would stick out like six inches, if you want to run standards you will have to go to a smaller size wheel and tire because they will rub in a 15 especially with a skirt, the best thing you could do is run a bead lace wire wheel, they are made for front wheel drive cars, the spokes go right to the lip of the wheel and clearence wont be a problem.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

ahhhh.....so I have 4 nice 15" real spoked Cadillac wheels here, but made for RWD car...and I can't use them.....this sucks......

....I know they would bring in some good money (as they are really rare) but maybe I should just hold onto them for the future?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.