Its almost spring... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Its almost spring... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; When I get some money, Ill try the gold class stuff. It looks like it is pretty good..... Do you ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    When I get some money, Ill try the gold class stuff. It looks like it is pretty good..... Do you think that if I used a sponge instead of a towel that it would get better results? It may also be because I waxed it when it was about 45 outside, and the wax probably didnt stick to well.

The suburban is great!! It is a fully loaded Z71 (except onstar), and its just great. Its only been offroad a few times, and it does great. It uses a little more gas than my tahoe did, but its worth it. IMO, it rides much better, and you have a lot more room to put stuff in. I dont get to drive it very often, I am stuck with the Q . I think it was a good buy.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

exterior finish tips

I have a few nicks and scratches on my shiny black caddy but no dents. It looks great after its been washed and is almost perfect but I want to make it spotlessly shiny and black. Does anyone have an idea of what I can use or do to redo the finish a little bit? I want to do it myself.

Hollaback!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I usually go to the dealer or a good paint store and get some touch up paint. I sand and prep the area and then air brush the spot. Works great on solid colors such as white or black....It's a little tricky on metalics and pearls but it can be done! After it's cured I wet sand it and buff and "POOF!!" no ding/scratch!

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I just went out today to do some good washing to my car that was badly in need of it (it was sooooo nice out). My friend and i basically went to see what we could use and how good it would be. Rain x has this wax that you just spray on dry off and it actually did a pretty good job, but there were still a bunch of swirl marks. I even applied the rain x to my windshield and boy can you tell the difference. I screwed some stuff up (im use to big city living where you have to take it to a place to get done for you) but this was an experience. I have tons of scratches all over the car what can i do?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    You put rain-x on the body???? If they are just clear coat scratches, then they can be fixed. It definitely makes a difference what you use to apply waxes. You really should use an application sponge to get the best results, and you can buff it to make it look better. But a clean, damp, soft cloth will work. A terry cloth is probably your best bet. Anything else may give scratches.

The only thing I could recommend is mequires 3 step process, the deep crystal system. Id be curious to see how well it really works.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.