Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  brougham 
#1 ·
I have a 1989 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance (White Exterior). The vinyl roof has two smally rips in it, each about 1/4" of an inch long. One on top of the roof, (above the driver's seat) and the other is below the rear window.

The biggest problem is that water seeps into the holes and is getting trapped inside of the vinyl roof. If I press around the hole water seeps out. I am worried about a long term rust problem.

What is the best way to fix these holes?

#2 ·
Well since water is in there, you wanna make sure its out.... at this point, it may be best to put a new top on in case yove had some damage..... There may be a way to suck out the water really good, im not sure.....

But, there are those vinyl repair kits.... Just like a goo you spread over it... most of the time they will want you to send in a sample of the vinyl so they can color match it!

#3 ·
Good tip.
The thing is that the car is basically stock, with only 86,050 kilometers. So she's a beauty. I want to preserve the roof in it's current state (which is quite good) for as long as possible. As I said, the two cuts are very small. That rules out replacing the roof. What are some good brand names of roof repair kits? Any thechniques I need to know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.