Widest/Biggest Tires/Rims on a 84 Brough?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Widest/Biggest Tires/Rims on a 84 Brough? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I bought a set of 20.8.5 255/35/20 wires for my 84 Brough just to find out they wouldnt fit because ...
    xtraclip.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Widest/Biggest Tires/Rims on a 84 Brough?

I bought a set of 20.8.5 255/35/20 wires for my 84 Brough just to find out they wouldnt fit because of the back fenders lip. I was going to cut it but realized it was allot more work than I though it would be.

My question is what is the widest or biggest set of rims/tires that I can fit on my 84 Fleetwood Brough 4.1.
    Im planning to buy a set of 18' with 225/40/18 tires (RWD) and was wondering if they would fit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

Re: Widest/Biggest Tires/Rims on a 84 Brough?

At the Southern Super Heavy Shootout in Atlanta last month, there was a 83 Coupe DeVille racing that had the Goodyear Eagle RSA in 255/55/17 size. They fit well and appeared to use every available bit of space.

The 20s stick out about an inch, but they are knock offs so I think the adapters put on at least a half an inch. Any body ever notice a difference in the width with knock offs?
    Thankx

Scrapyard is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

20's with that tire should fit. What's the back spacing on the rim? You're gona want at least a 5 inch BS with that wide a wheel. Also, GM has a habbit of making one side of the rear axel longer then the other. I think it's as much as a half inch. Keep that in mind. I found that out when I put 17x8's on my '85 FW. Otherwise 255's should just clear the frame and fenders. If it rubs a bit you can take a body hammer and a grinder and clearence the inside of the fender a bit. I had to do that with mine on the drivers side rear. Again, the longer axel thing.

Honestly I measured with a ruler and with the tire on the width is 10 inches and the front wheel sticks out almost 1.5". I just gave up Im selling the 20s and getting some Foose Spank5 225/40/18 I checked and realized the wheels I have on right now are 225/60/15 so the 18 should fit with out any problems. By the way the 20" spokes are for sale if anybody is willing to go through the shit of putting them on. I was going to cut the lip completely off before I painted my baby but my mechanic talked me out of it, plus he wanted too much for the work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.