Interior window cleaning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Interior window cleaning in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I thought I would share this, as I am quite pleased with the results. I was at the gas station ...
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Interior window cleaning

I thought I would share this, as I am quite pleased with the results. I was at the gas station this afternoon, and used the squeegie to clean my windows. I suddenly got a brainstorm. The interior of the windshield, and rear window, are difficult to get really clean. So what I did, was in a large pot, used warm water, and a little dishwasher liquid (not dish soap, the stuff for dishwashers). I used a large bath towel, and layed it over the dashboard, making sure to get it all the way to the glass. I used my own squeegie, wet the sponge with the solution, scrubbed the window, squeegied off most of the water, and finished drying with a clean towel. The result, a perfectly clean windshield. A whole lot less work than using glass cleaner, and better results. I challenge all of you's to try it, and post your own results. I gaurantee you will love this technique.

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re: Interior window cleaning

Great tip Dad - been using a version of it for years. In one of my many travels, I picked up a super small squeegee (only about 4 inch blade) and use it along with the Stoner's on all the interior glass in my car - there is also a dry clenaer towel made by viyella for glass, whereby you don't use any cleaner at all - just the towel. There's some kinda magical juice impregnated in the fibres or some such,,,,,,

2001blackdev is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have to try the squeegee thing...I hate cleaning the inside of the front windshield, but I hate dirty glass more.

Here's something I've been doing for years with good results: Instead of using paper towels, try crumpled up newspaper. No streaks, and dries faster that paper towels. I use Windex or Eagle One 20/20. A little newsprint comes off on your hands, so make sure to clean up before touching the interior (espcially those of you with light-colored leather).

Do NOT use newspaper on window tint film...it will scratch. For that, I use a silicone-based tint cleaner (Film Chem 2000 is one of them) and paper towels.

ElDawgg 2G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Fleetwood/ 2000 ETC/ 2000 STS/ 2006 STS

Hello...
    I have used a small squeegee on the interior with decent results.
    Further, I get decent results using (any brand) aresol-spray window cleaner with paper towels or newsprint.
    The car is not smoked-in, so the only thing to remove is dust/smog
    ...and the occasional fingerprint.
    (I hate it when people touch my windhshield! AARGH!)

I just replaced the windshield in my 2000 STS due to a crack-
    ...and I thought the windshield was clean BEFORE!
    Now, NO chips, pits, or streaks (inside or out!)

However, I've already cleaned off the first bird-turd from the very first day of install-
    ...now that's what I call "Same Day Service!"

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

That's brilliant. The dishwasher stuff has something in it to prevent spotting. That would also prevent any kind of residue from being left behind. I'm going to try it next time I need to clean the inside.

HOF material! Congrats Dadillac!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    That's brilliant. The dishwasher stuff has something in it to prevent spotting. That would also prevent any kind of residue from being left behind. I'm going to try it next time I need to clean the inside.

HOF material! Congrats Dadillac!
    Elvis, thank you. I feel honored. I really wish that folks would try this. It works excellent. Just don't go overboard on the solution. A little will go a long way.

Don

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I use Stoner Invisible Glass, we used this at our 36 detail shops for many years, this with a cheap microfiber towel for glass works great.

csbacchus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I use the methods posted by 2001blackdev. Newspaper works great on the outside, but you need a tint soultion for the interior if you have tint.

The interior squeegie sounds messy for a clutz like myself.

lry99eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hmmmmmmmm, I'll have to try the dishwasher solution. Makes sense to me. I've added water softener to my exterior wash solution for ease of reducing pesky spotting. But the interior glass has always been a bitch, I'll try it and hope that it works!
    lry99eldo

After trying it, please post back with the results. Good or bad.

Don

Update:

I used an empty Windex bottle, cleaned it out, filled with water, put in two drops of dishwasher liquid, shook. Sprayed on windows, used a microfiber to wipe off, same results as using the squeegie method. Has less runoff this way. Zero streaking, and my windows were very bad. I haven't cleaned them in a while.

Don

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Interesting, I'll have to compare that to my secret formula, in a 32oz spray bottle put 4 oz of denatured alcohol, fill with dis-stilled water. Gary

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I think Windex makes a version that's vinegar based. If not plenty of stores carry a generic version of window cleaner that is vinegar based.

I've noticed a lot less streaking with this stuff but I haven't tried it inside a car yet.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt View Post
    Interesting, I'll have to compare that to my secret formula, in a 32oz spray bottle put 4 oz of denatured alcohol, fill with dis-stilled water. Gary
    I am a smoker and find any cleaner difficult to remove the smoke residue. I usually have to clean the glass three times to get it all off. Since using the dishwasher liquid, I get the glass clean on the first cleaning, as long as I do not miss any spots. The dishwasher liquid has the anti-streaking and anti-spotting agents in there. It does a kickass job.

Don

caddy's home is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Brougham Cadillac

black and white section of the news paper and windex awesome comb!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.