PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hope these come out, didn't want to hi-jack the other thread....
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax

Hope these come out, didn't want to hi-jack the other thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax

Looking GOOD!

Also, to continue the "blues" theme (light-wise), I went through the interior map lights. The wood dash was from Woodtrim USA.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looking good, love the wood.

Thanks Ralph. What is it about that fibrous material (wood) that gets our Canuck Hearts thumpin'? Maybe it's because one of our national symbols is the maple leaf. Maybe it's because another one of our national symbols is a tree-eatin' beaver!!!

If I coulda, I woulda done the whole thing in Bird's Eye Maple - think how THAT would contrast against that Montana Blue,,,,,,,,,,,

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Good job.

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

The car looks great. The wood inside really sets it off.
    Ralph

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

#26 is a decent for an over the counter product, much better choices out there. Keep this in mind about waxes in general, wax on a daily driver car will give you 30 days of protection. wax has been around as long as automotive finishes. its a natural by-product from trees. Most expert body shops will agree that paint technology has changed greatly even over the last 5 years. Today, synthetic sealants are much superior to any brand wax. This is why many car dealers are upcharging anywhere from $600-$900 for one aplication of paint sealant. Dealers are making a killing preying on uneducated customers with this add on. In my business I charge people $150 for a paint seal, which is fair for three hours work. However, my success nationally is based on teaching other people like you how to do it yourself for a fraction of the cost. Chemicals are NOT expensive, regardless of what you were told before. Most people are using synthetic oil in their car, because it is better. the reason is because they add man made chemicals to it for better lubrication. No different than synthetic sealants, they give 5 months more protection over any car wax. The shine is just as good as a wax, at times better if the proper steps were used prior to the last step. Hope that helps. Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Thanks Ralph. What is it about that fibrous material (wood) that gets our Canuck Hearts thumpin'? Maybe it's because one of our national symbols is the maple leaf. Maybe it's because another one of our national symbols is a tree-eatin' beaver!!!
    If I coulda, I woulda done the whole thing in Bird's Eye Maple - think how THAT would contrast against that Montana Blue,,,,,,,,,,,
    LOL, our national symbol is the beaver???

What's your 20 Frost?

Well I put a coat of Prestone systhetic over the Meguires for winter. I will have to drive it a few times in winter, but never when it's slushy or salty out.

YOu can't apply a synthetic on top of any wax, it won't bond to it. On the other hand you CAN top a synthetic with a coat of wax. Gary

Qu'est ce que c'est "20", Ralph?

On the finishing front, I've tried just about every lotion and potion out there on the surfaces of my babies (one of them is a 1972 Mustang Coupe with 39,720 original miles and yes, it is a multiple show winner). One that I haven't tried yet is ZAINO, but that is only because I haven't gotten around to it - I'll be uncorking the old elbow grease in the Spring and plan to give it a "whirl", to satisfy my curiousity. I understand it is a synthetic with a multi-step approach and have been impressed mightily with the results posted on their website.

With the exception of that which I haven't tried yet (ZAINO), in the ongoing debate between synthetics/polishes and waxes, I still favour a good quality paste wax for the end result. Sure, it may not last as long as the synthetic polishes, but the actual "look" of a fine carnauba waxjob is, in my most humble of opinions, the better bang for my buck. I don't know what it is about the synthetics, it's hard to explain. It's kinda like the shine it leaves is somewhat "shallower" than the wax. It lacks the depth of the carnauba shine. Some synthetics almost leave a flashy, silvery/glimmery look about them.

I grew up developing my forearms/biceps with the old Simonize Paste Wax - the one in the blue can - putting 2 coats at a time on my Dad's 1953 Black Buick Century 4 door. It was a whole day affair but at the end of the session, not even tooth decay could have penetrated that shine!!!!!!!!! And it would last.

But then again, everything was made to last back then: the metal on the cars, the lead-based paint, even the wax. So, my prejudice may be showing, and ZAINO has a heck of a bias to overcome, but I'm willing to give it the old college try. And I can't be any fairer than that, can I?

Zaino as a company has one of the best marketing programs I have ever seen. They have developed a loyal following,and Sal Zaino is very ,very ,very rich because of it. FACT: chemicals are NOT that expensive.
    The results of using Zaino seems to work fine, however it is over priced, and complicated to use. (z-1 z-2 z-3 z-4 z-5 z-6 z-7 z-8????) get the picture? another fact. they sell a ZFX additive which they say makes their polish bond quicker, any chemist will say that you don't need an additive to make a poilsh react, its just another way to extract another $25 from their customers. I bought a $60 kit some years ago just to test it myself. For $60 I got the polish, additive and some detail spray. I put it against what I'm using now and it it took much more work to achieve the same results. My system is a two part process,pretty simple to use, and the results are stunning. My best customers are (X) Zaino users. I saved them money/time and improved the looks of their car. Gary www.perfectautofinish.com

Qu'est ce que c'est "20", Ralph?
    "20" just means location. Like "what province are you in?"

Well, Hell, Ralph - ya just hadda say so! I'm from the formerly prosperous province of Ontario. Prosperous that is, until the "Fiberals" managed to pull the wool over sufficient numbers of pollster's eyes a coupla years back and get themselves elected over the Conservatives.

Remember the Conservatives? I sure as Hell do and don't plan on forgetting about them come next election, either.They were the party that was able to drag us back up from the absolute bottom of the provincial barrel, from whence the NDP had deposited us after their rein of ineptitude.

And don't get me started Federally - Stephen Harper all the way!!!

But I digress,,,,,,,,

Well, Hell, Ralph - ya just hadda say so! I'm from the formerly prosperous province of Ontario. Prosperous that is, until the "Fiberals" managed to pull the wool over sufficient numbers of pollster's eyes a coupla years back and get themselves elected over the Conservatives.
    Remember the Conservatives? I sure as Hell do and don't plan on forgetting about them come next election, either.They were the party that was able to drag us back up from the absolute bottom of the provincial barrel, from whence the NDP had deposited us after their rein of ineptitude.
    And don't get me started Federally - Stephen Harper all the way!!!
    But I digress,,,,,,,,
    Looks like I agree with you politically.

How many promises did Dalton break now???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.