PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Out of the hundreds of pre-and-post election promises he's made, it's easier to count the one's he's actually honoured, Ralph. ...
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re: PICS after waxing with Meguiars # 26 yellow paste wax

Out of the hundreds of pre-and-post election promises he's made, it's easier to count the one's he's actually honoured, Ralph.

Both of them.

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    ........... Dealers are making a killing preying on uneducated customers with this add on. In my business I charge people $150 for a paint seal, which is fair for three hours work............... No different than synthetic sealants, they give 5 months more protection over any car wax. The shine is just as good as a wax, at times better if the proper steps were used prior to the last step. Hope that helps. Gary
    The dealer is putting on a sealant for the vehicle Im picking up tomorrow.
    They charged me $300 Canadian.
    But they have gauranteed me a lot longer than an extra 5mths protection.
    There stuff comes with a "3 year" gaurantee.
    Tree sap, bug guts, acid rain, no need to wax etc.......for 3 years.
    They say bugs slid off of it kinda like walkin on an ice rink with no skates. Makes the finish smooth as glass.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
    And if I have to even think about applying pressure to remove bug goo within those 3 years, then Ill be drivin right on back to have them take care of it.

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You better read the warrenty closely, in the states, they word it that in order for it to be valid you have to apply the sealant every 6 months. PLUS, if they determine that the defect was the result of lack of proper maintenence on your part it is also void. Their is NO chemical that will protect a finish that long. So they word things to trick you. Check this out, when a company says that its wax is 100% carnauba, what it is really saying is that out of the 3% of the carnauba in the bottle, IT IS 100%. Lawyers make a living off the wording of contracts. Gary

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyg
    The dealer is putting on a sealant for the vehicle Im picking up tomorrow.
    They charged me $300 Canadian.
    But they have gauranteed me a lot longer than an extra 5mths protection.
    There stuff comes with a "3 year" gaurantee.
    Tree sap, bug guts, acid rain, no need to wax etc.......for 3 years.
    They say bugs slid off of it kinda like walkin on an ice rink with no skates. Makes the finish smooth as glass.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
    And if I have to even think about applying pressure to remove bug goo within those 3 years, then Ill be drivin right on back to have them take care of it.
    Make sure you read that warranty very closely , I have no doubt your saleman didn't mention you need to bring your vechile in every year during those 3 years for farther appilcation and or some type of inspection done by the dealer to continue your warranty. Good luck

Checked out the waranty and was wrong about the acid rain. Sorry !
    But does not say anywhere that I have to take it back in 6 mths, 1 year, or any other period of time.
    Yes it does say that lack of proper maintanance will void it.
    As well as collisions, vandalisim, stones, "Automatic" car wash "brushes", (which any sane person would never use. If you could even find one.),
    Paint overspray, alterations, acts of god. Just the regular self explanitary and obvious things.

Even so though.
    If it did state that it had to go back in 1yr, or even 6mths for that matter for reapplication. What they are charging isn't near what you have stated. And thats even before the American/Canadian $ conversion.
    Also they guarantee that if it doesnt work as stated they will repair the vehicle.

What kind of a gaurantee do you offer ?

Dont get me wrong.....
    Im NOT saying your product is no good.
    Just dont think that you have mentioned anything like that yet.
    You have made statements on how great etc.....but dont recall you saying anything about offering a gaurantee or any kind of warranty on your products.

Squinty print or not, it does make a difference.

All I have seen is a pic or two of some very fine looking finishes. And then a lot of bashing of everyone else and there products as being inferior. It sounds as though you have found the fountain of youth and it's exclusive to you, and "you" only.
    It appears that whatever anyone else says. Whatever anyone else offers. You and your products are better.
    It "Almost" sounds like a pitch from an old time travelling salesman selling snake oil.

Once again...
    Please dont take this the wrong way.
    Im not dissing you or your products.
    Just the way your going about it.

When someone says that there's is the best, as well as being the least expensive. And no one else can offer you anywhere what I can.
    They put down anything and everything else available.
    Then advise to be suspicious if the product, deal, and gaurantee sounds close, the same, or maybe even better as to what they offer.

I then get suspicious of them!

How many times do we all hear that whenever we go to purchase anything.

"You'll never find anything like this anywhere else".
    "You'll never be able to get a deal like this anywhere else".
    "There is no one that can do for you what I can do for you".

Ive been living and learning for a few years now. And Ive found that round 85% of the time when I hear things like that? Its from someone who cares only about themselves, and taking dollars out of my pocket and putting them into theirs'.

What are the brand names of your products ?
    Who are the manufacturers ?
    Are you willing to let us know? Or are you keeping that exclusivelly through purchase from you ?

If you have already stated elsewhere who makes your products and I have inadvertantally missed that, then I appoligize !

To The Mods And Admins Re: My Posts In This Thread

My posts and my replies in this thread are not in any way to try to discredit claims and or statements posted by "turbomangt".
    In no way am I trying to stir things up or bring things on.
    I have read his threads and his posts and have accessed the links he has attached to them.
    I feel that if he is allowed to promote his business/products within the threads, then it would stand to reason to be able to ask questions, and question him about the same within those same parameters.
    I do not feel that I have made any statements, or asked any questions, that any consumer interested in purchasing any product, should consider and or ask of the sales representitive that they are comunicating with.
    "turbomangts'" advertising has been allowed.
    So questioning of his products as well as his advertising techniques should also be.
    ..............................An Informed Consumer Is An Educated Consumer................................

Don't forget to mention, Murphy, that he also is a paying supporter/sponsor of this site. That little nugget of info seems to be missing from your earlier diatribe. And although you wrap your statements up in a sort of "informed customer, corporate watchdog" kind of flavour, that doesn't disguise the overall accusatory tone of your comments.

Turbo gives freely of his own time and his considerable knowledge in the field of quality detailing. He also gives us a peek inside the detailing industry and cautions us of the pitfalls or unsavoury dealings of some in that industry. I've been putting lotions/potions on and wiping them off of my cars and motorcycles for over 40 years and even though I feel that there is really nothing all that new out there in the "shiny" industry, I still welcome and appreciate another man's opinion, especially one who is so embedded with, and respected in the detailing industry that he holds well-attended teaching sessions on the topic!

We are free to either take the advice, ignore the advice, ask for further information regarding that advice, etc. So go right ahead and give our new supporter of this board the 3rd degree on his products, his guarantees, whatever turns your crank - just don't try and disguise the intent.

At the end of the day, I'd be willing to bet you'll never avail yourself of his products - just his knowledge.

turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Frost, I thank you for the rational tone you set in your comments. When I hear comments like the one stated my MurphyG, it saddens me that people are confused on my intentions. I will start a new thread soon and hopefully clarify a few things. Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Don't forget to mention, Murphy, that he also is a paying supporter/sponsor of this site. That little nugget of info seems to be missing from your earlier diatribe. And although you wrap your statements up in a sort of "informed customer, corporate watchdog" kind of flavour, that doesn't disguise the overall accusatory tone of your comments...............
    I had noticed he was a supporting member. I didnt mention it because it is there for everyone to see.
    My guess is, that that is the reason why it is acceptable for him to advertise his products and services within the forums.
    Do not assume that I have anything against that. Or any kind of problem with that.
    The Mods and Admins, can and will run this site in any which way they please.
    My last post, to them, was just to let them know I was only asking the same questions that I would have asked if I was on the premises personally.
    I am not the kind of person that will buy something just because someone says it is great. If I was anywhere near the Chicago area I would have gone in and asked the same things.
    Unfortunatelly though Im not.
    So I asked those questions in "this" sales office.
    .......I still welcome and appreciate another man's opinion, especially one who is so embedded with, and respected in the detailing industry that he holds well-attended teaching sessions on the topic!...............
    I also welcome and appreciate it.
    But there are many others that are also quite embeded in the same field. And have been for an even longer time. And some of those are ones that he is saying are inferior.
    So are you trying to tell me that just because he says his products are superior then it should be taken at face value ?
    With others products, I am able to get information I feel I require before making a decision on purchasing.
    But I should not ask those questions in this store ??
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    When I hear comments like the one stated my MurphyG, it saddens me that people are confused on my intentions......
    The intentions are obvious. A product is being advertised.
    I dont understand why a business owner would be saddened because a potential customer is requesting more information on there product.
    There is no confusion on my end.
    We are free to either take the advice, ignore the advice, ask for further information regarding that advice, etc.......
    All I was doing was asking for further information.
    When running a business and selling services and or products, that should be expected.
    People are going to ask questions. People are going to want info.
    Take it the way you want to take it. But thats all I was doing.
    I truelly hope that turbomangt doesnt tell potential customers that come into his "actuall" place of business, (face to face), that there questioning saddens him.
    And that the comments they make;
    because of what they have been told, what they have heard, what they believe they know, and just the plain aspect of what kind of a consumer/individual they are.
    I sure hope that he doesnt make a habit of implying that they are communicating in an irrational tone.
    At the end of the day, I'd be willing to bet you'll never avail yourself of his products - just his knowledge.
    At no time was I debating the products he uses.
    I have been reading turbomangts posts and have found them to be "very" informative. There's no doubt he knows what he's talking about
    But I want to know "more" about the actual products.
    (I gave more detail about "what" I want to know about his product, and "why",
    over here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=56540. Mind the repetiveness ?).
    If he gives that then I may purchase his products.
    Saying, buy mine cause all else is crap, is not enough for me.
    If his products are from his own testing, and are his unique and personal formulas, (but do not yet have a patent), I would understand the reluctance in divulging too much information.
    But if he is selling another manufacturers product, then I believe he is required by law to disclose whom the manufacturer is.
    Check that other thread.
    I was told I needed to use
    his cleaner,
    and
    his sealant.
    Never did I diss his knowledge,
    Never did I diss the products he uses/offers.
    I was only asking the questions that I would have asked, If I was able to be in the actuall place of business.
    Seeing as that isn't possible; I asked those questions in one of his alternative places of business.
    And that is here.
    .......And although you wrap your statements up in a sort of "informed customer, corporate watchdog" kind of flavour, that doesn't disguise the overall accusatory tone of your comments.........
    Certanially was wrapped up.
    But obviousally too tight.
    Hope that Ive been able to loosen it up a bit for ya.

No! Im not a "corporate watchdog",
    But yes! I want to be an "informed customer".

Just want the info I feel I deserve and need from the store that I walk into.
    Have you (Frost) invested in his enterprise or something ?
    If not? Then I dont understand why you are commenting towards me as you have.
    You have not contributed anything here.
    All that "you" have succeded in doing, is dissing me for my want of more information from a supplier of products and services.
    If you dont work there or have any ties to his company

Then step off

I wasnt talkin to you or asked any questions of you.
    I asked legitamate Qs' of a supporting member that is advertising his services and wares here.
    You came back saying...
    don't try and disguise the intent
    Intent of what??
    Disguising what??
    I aint sellin not
    I aint holdin anything back
    I just wanted to know more

Boy, I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

As for my intruding on things, please look at the originator of the thread and as that originator, I didn't appreciate having it hijacked to further someone's prejudices.

Boy, I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
    As for my intruding on things, please look at the originator of the thread and as that originator, I didn't appreciate having it hijacked to further someone's prejudices.
    My first post in this thread was along the topic of what someone had posted before me.
    It was about sealants and finishes.
    Preety well what you had originated.
    So as to hyjacking, it wasnt me. Was just following along.
    As to my problem....... ? well you just did it again.
    Making assumptions I have some sort of predjudice against someone and or there products ?
    Earlier you accused me of trying to disguise my statements of there accusations.
    There were no accusations. There is no predjudice.
    And I did not hyjack this thread.
    Just questions and concerns about products that had already been mentioned.
    You were the one who started the personal assualt on me for no justifyable reason.
    Dont think you should be questioning what my problem may be.
    Should probably be reflecting on what may be yours.

BTW
    Turbomangt was kind enough to send me a "polite" PM. To let me know he was going to start another thread, to do his best, to answer my questions, quams, (and any others), concerns.

I appreciated that profesionialism.
    Heres that thread:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=57255
    Think it could be a sticky ???

we can ALL appreciate that level of professionalism. As many of us have for some time now.

Case closed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.