Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  ChicagoCTS32 
#1 ·
I bet there's guys on the forum who want tint but don't know how dark...(like me!!). So this would be a great place to put them all! Please specify the year of the car, color and percent of the tint, and if it was DIY or professionally done.

:thumbsup:

Oh... If you want a free place to host your pictures, go onto www.greatestjournal.com. Make up some random screenname then host away. I bet the moderators will appreciate not jacking site hosting for space...

:yup:

#8 ·
Well I figured it was time to get my picture up here... Got the new camera in with better resizing options. Im not exactly sure of the %'s. The place I took it to went by light, medium, dark and limo. So it'd probably be, rear window 10%, rear side windows 15% and front sides 20%. I kind of wish I would have went darker on the rears. Like limo on the rear and dark on the rear sides. Cost me $250 with a lifetime warranty against bubbling and turning purple.

MacK

Attachments

#10 ·
Mine is limo all the way around. The windsheild is even done but i forget what % it is, I know it is a poloarized tint to keep out the heat though. I get alot of compliments on it and people are amazed I havent got ticketed for it,but so far so good. I had my Escalade done the same way and never had a ticket either.

#13 · (Edited)
I have no idea what the percentage is on this...I bought the car used and it came like this. I probably wouldn't have got it this dark on my own, but as it turns out I really like it...plus it does a fantastic job of keeping the interior cool. You can't see in the back at all, even on a sunny day, and on a cloudy day (or at night) you can't see inside the front. The only complaint I have is sometimes at night it's hard to see pedestrians on un-lit streets. I thought I had the blackest Deville in Pinellas, but it looks like Hitmoney's got me beat! :thumbsup: That's a beautiful DTS you got there.

In this pic you can see the difference between the front & rear windows:

#17 ·
The Allante has 15% on fronts, when the hard top is on it also has 15% on the rear wing windows and back window. With the hardtop on it is practically impossible to see in. The 15% is really too dark for me, as mentioned previously in this thread it is very hard to see some objects, such as people, especially during dawn and dusk. The CTS will get tinted at about 30%.

#22 · (Edited)
Place holder for the tint job done on mine Saturday - there appears to be one bubble in the lower driver's window - about 1/8th inch in diameter. Can I use a pin and pop it then smooth it out with a finger?

This pick is pre-tint

This is after tinting - 35% - 35% - 20%

And I called the tinting place and they told me to bring it in, they fixed the bubble.

Here's from the side

and from the rear

#23 ·
RagingSamster said:
Place holder for the tint job done on mine Saturday - there appears to be one bubble in the lower driver's window - about 1/8th inch in diameter. Can I use a pin and pop it then smooth it out with a finger?
NO! The tint is permeable and the water will eventually evaporate through the tint and it will be smooth. Let it sit out in the sun and it will speed up the process. My tint is about 1.5 weeks old and I still have a few small water droplets because I park in a garage and it's been cold. If you would have done it in the summer and could leave it to bake in the sun all day after you got it done, all the water would be gone in a day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.